Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 344 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
BOINC Network access question

I have the following interessting behavior.

If I'm not on the network and BOINC wants to connect I get a message that BOINC can't access the network.

Now the point I discovered.

After switching to the option Activity -> Network activity suspended I still get the message that BOINC can't access the network.

If I switch to Activity -> Network activity suspended prior to the first network request than everything is OK.

Is this only on my machine ?

BOINC client: 5.4.11

Thanks in advance.
[Nov 22, 2006 6:54:43 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: BOINC Network access question

Hi,

Didactylos made a post about that today and to this day i'm suffering from it intermittently. It is really machine internal communication between the BOINCmgr.exe, BOINC.exe and the Science.exe thru 'localhost' & port 31416. Somehow firewall and or antivirus and i dare not even exclude spamfiltering software interferes with this communication and blocks it, often without warning. On my box simply closing the firewall and restarting it makes BOiNC resume. When u visit the TaskManager u will observe that the science just continues crunching.

How the external networking (if that is the intend of the message), and the internal are related, don't know.

cheers
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Nov 22, 2006 12:02:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread