Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 297
Posts: 297   Pages: 30   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 62503 times and has 296 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: JP´s Books Thread

I'm almost finished with Sanibel Flats by Randy White...This is the first book I've read by him...
[Sep 17, 2007 3:10:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Saxons, Vikings, and Celts: The Genetic Roots of Britain and Ireland by Bryan Sykes
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 7, 2007 12:50:05 PM]
[Oct 7, 2007 12:02:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kh6dc@arrl.net
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

All of Dan Brown's works, esp. Da Vinci Code. My all time favorite author though is Mark Twain.
[Oct 8, 2007 9:14:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Diana G.
Master Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: JP´s Books Thread / One of your First Books

haldav
...The same is true of "Exodus", (the original Leon Uris version, four years earlier). Many of the fictional characters represent several real people each, and one fictional skirmish represents a real incident about 20 years earlier, with French and British forces playing each other's roles.

Harold I have read a couple books by Leon Uris. I cannot recall the names, but I know one of them was about Ireland and a character was named Conner. He was part of the IRA I think and he told his girl he would have her name on his lips when he died. Well he did die and as he did he said "Daddy..daddy..Addy...Addy (his girl's name). I cried.

If I remembered incorrectly, please forgive me biggrin

Diana

[Oct 8, 2007 4:46:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

.... Trinity.

Try to get a copy of Harry Mulisch book 'The Discovery of Heaven' translated to english. Rated in one review as Nobel prize worthy. Angels sent on mission to earth to retrieve the tablets after the cancellation of the contract held in the 10 commandments. The boss is severely disgruntled. 900 pages in the print I have.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Oct 8, 2007 7:11:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

haldav
...The same is true of "Exodus", (the original Leon Uris version, four years earlier). Many of the fictional characters represent several real people each, and one fictional skirmish represents a real incident about 20 years earlier, with French and British forces playing each other's roles.

Harold I have read a couple books by Leon Uris. I cannot recall the names, but I know one of them was about Ireland and a character was named Conner. He was part of the IRA I think and he told his girl he would have her name on his lips when he died. Well he did die and as he did he said "Daddy..daddy..Addy...Addy (his girl's name). I cried.

If I remembered incorrectly, please forgive me biggrin

Diana

No you are right and as Sek pointed out Diana is called Trinity The Three Faces of Ireland

Excellent book here is the Review biggrin
[Oct 8, 2007 8:13:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Other books from Leon Uris I have read are Exodus Topaz Armageddon , to name a few wink
[Oct 8, 2007 8:20:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Diana G.
Master Cruncher
Project Badges:

Yes! Thank you Sekerob and you also JP. I looked at the review and it is exactly right. Everything came back to me totally. biggrin You guys are good!

Sek, I will look for the book you mentioned. Sounds good!

:-)

[Oct 8, 2007 9:33:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

biggrin

Will get it , thanks Sek

The Discovery of Heaven wink
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 8, 2007 11:20:32 PM]
[Oct 8, 2007 9:35:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Has anybody yet read Anne Enright - "The Gathering?"

http://www.themanbookerprize.com/
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 26, 2007 4:16:25 PM]
[Oct 26, 2007 3:20:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 297   Pages: 30   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread