Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6595
Posts: 6595   Pages: 660   [ Previous Page | 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1125313 times and has 6594 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Base Camp.......The team that isn't

In the windstorm I mentioned that prompted the utility companies to put the power lines underground, it was poles toppling - and when one falls the next one does as well and so on - and all of a sudden we are talking large sums of money. Time after time if more windstorms are to follow. They were pretty good at trimming the trees according to power first æsthetics second, but it doesn't help if the wind is fierce enough. The live wires laid on the ground sputtering sparks.

Have you tried to contact the relevant utility company about that dead oak tree?
I suppose it threatens your power supply if it tumbles.

I don't update our challenges here as you asked me, because sujo1 does it so nicely on a daily basis in the SeriousCrunchers team thread (yesterday's update), so I hope you go there, acpartsman

[Mar 7, 2018 2:10:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
acpartsman
Veteran Cruncher
Martinsville VA, USA
Project Badges:

Several of us have contacted AEP and they acknowledge the threat of the tree but......
I will pop in to the SC page, I've been meaning too just havn't had much time lately to do several things I need to do including getting that new 24 core machine up and running. Should be able to make that happen tonight.
----------------------------------------
One drop raises the sea.

[Mar 8, 2018 12:27:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Acknowledging the threat is one small step for AEP.
That’s far better than my response from the Danish Ministry of the Environment and Food. They automatically acknowledged the receipt of my e-mail yesterday reminding them that I never got an answer but a similar automatic acknowledgement when I sent them my very relevant e-mail about the salt contents in processed food three weeks ago.
I hear you have a second Nor’easter ravaging New England.
Has it moved down to you, acpartsman?
I hope not. You just had all this trouble restoring everything. Is Brenda's new computer up and running?

Good Morning Base Campers!
For me today has been the best since I returned from my trip to NYC and DC almost half a year ago. I could walk to my German lesson on legs that look very human and don’t hurt. I didn’t doze off during class, I felt energetic at the bar bell exercises and the rowing machine at my rehab afterwards (I got to row instead of bicycling – it’s far better for my legs). My heart rate rushed all the way to 92 on my Alcatel OneTouch Go which now has a pink dial.
Actually here at midafternoon I look forward to Upstairs Yvonne’s and my trip to a performance of ’Swan Lake’ by the Russian National Ballet from Moscow with a dinner first.
That is if we can find our way. A thick fog is rolling in now worried

ErikaT, I don’t want to reopen any cans of worms as to the differences in the look at weapons in the USA and in Denmark, so I hope this is OK.
I saw an interesting notice about a sentence in that field today, and I have put it up as a picture on my Facebook just for information for those who are interested in the issue, and so that nobody has to see it or read it unless they actively KLiK this link
It’s great to have a good day again. I feel like …… everything love struck
EDIT: Layout corrections
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 9, 2018 8:37:32 AM]
[Mar 8, 2018 3:33:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
acpartsman
Veteran Cruncher
Martinsville VA, USA
Project Badges:

Yes, new PC is up and running here at home. Had to bring it home to finish customizing it to our needs so the PC it's replacing is still crunching as well...more fuel for the fire. biggrin

SO I see kids there are as dumb as the ones here. What kind of idiot would try to order an automatic weapon online? confused

Good to hear you're getting around better. Maybe I should enroll in a fitness program like yours. I've never been exactly "physically fit", maybe that would help. smile
One drop raises the sea.

[Mar 9, 2018 12:35:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Yes, you will probably end up keeping the old one
– or unloading it to another person who will pick up the kWh for it while supplying crunched WUs for you, acpartsman smile

Good Afternoon Base Campers!
No, kids are not brighter here than there. What I wanted to tell was that there was a heavy penalty ’simply’ for ’ordering’.
The story did not indicate what the young man’s intentions were, but it was hardly squirrel hunting.
We do have several gangs dealing in drugs. School shootings have never occurred so far.

Regarding fitness: Whether it is something for you depends on your motivation and time.
Every health guru will tell you it’s beneficial.
I would like to continue something like what they pull me through now, and I realize that what I have done for years on my own would benefit from some added expansion of my program. I cannot believe how many muscles we have that can be pulled and stretched in so many ways - and making themselves heard and hurt!
Having a physiotherapist instructing you and leading you on is a great help. But that will come to an end for me.
I just came to think of YouTube. I’m sure there are oceans of exercise videos there, and probably the right one for you as well as for me. I like to be independent of times and schedules and have something I can do in my own home without machines.

What are your immediate plans as far as team affilitation goes, acpartsman? And as far as challenges go?
I have become accustomed to thinking of Base Camp as you and me as a basis and everybody who will be kind enough to join us on treks as the icing on the cakes
biggrin

I think that we should go to Maine for about a week comes April, and ’shortly’ afterwards to Mexico for about another week or so.
I have been to Maine on a slim trip in the real world, but I have never been to Mexico proper, and the captain of team Cahuamos may be too busy to be our tour guide. I know that there is a train trip going through a canyon called Copper Canyon that in its own way compares to Grand Canyon. Both of us being fond of train trips, I think I’ll make a reservation of tickets for us and a good deal extra for those who may want to come along with us.

On my first trip to the USA in 1984 on a group tour, we had an excursion from San Diego to Tijuana, Mexico.
We were warned against drinking anything except directly from just opened bottles. So when a Mexican trailed my then-husband and me and suggesting unashamedly - even as we were displaying a close partnership by holding hands – that my then-husband came with him and enjoyed the services offered involving ladies, I felt a need to warn my then-husband.
Because if drinking from glasses was that dangerous, what could be the prognosis of taking that man’s offer? devilish
[Mar 9, 2018 6:18:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
acpartsman
Veteran Cruncher
Martinsville VA, USA
Project Badges:

I'm sure I'll continue returning home to the Edwardians when not trekking with you or joining in on a challenge. There's a bear team (can't remember their name) that tried to draft me a few times. I lightly considered joining them a few times just due to the reference but......

I had myself on a regular workout routine until I pulled something in my back picking up a broom (not kidding) so I had to stop and just never got back in the swing.
I tried eating thin mints but those darn Girl Scouts lied, I've eaten 2 boxes and I'm not any thinner. laughing laughing

Maine and Mexico sound like good camps. I've never been to either and have no desire to go south of the border. Would like to visit Maine. The extent of my traveling outside the US was a few hours in Canada back in '76.

Well, off to work I go. Hope everyone has a great day.
One drop raises the sea.

[Mar 10, 2018 12:21:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Urden
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Hello Cruncher,

I'm just passing by. tongue

Well I come from time to time every 5-6 days here, but I have trouble following the program. So, what are the upcoming dates for the Trek?
We are talking about a trek in Maine, right now?

Thanks for enlightening me a little. I'm lost ! biggrin

See you soon for the next Trek !

[Mar 10, 2018 1:26:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Good Morning Base Campers!
@Urden

It’s so nice to have a visit from you biggrin
I have a hard time, too, about the program.
You see, acpartsman became so absorbed up to his throat in challenges at SeriousCrunchers, and I was not sure that I could ever get him up from that swamp again
thinking
Yesterday I tried to make some structure to this …
I have seen it before with acpartsman
and to be honest with many more here at WCG
but somehow I cannot really believe
my previous experience with men must have been horrible of the PTSD kind
that such easygoing men exist
I sort of envy his wife Brenda
and he agreed to my tentative schedule.
Just so! No protests! No nothing!
tongue
So yes, we’ll ’attack’ a team in Maine by approximately April 1st, Urden, and stay there for about a week.
Afterwards we’ll take a short break before we’ll go to Mexico for about a week as well.
The captain, cjslman, of the team I have in mind has agreed that we can come.
I promise to post more precise instructions for both treks ahead of time peace
We look forward to trekking with you again, Urden, and I appreciate your visit and your effort to keep up with something that is far from easy to understand in any language for anybody.
So please come back and ask questions. I wish more Base Campers would.
That will help all of Base Camp
biggrin
@acpartsman
It may have been the Teddies who invited you to their team.
I just checked their payroll and noticed several names I know; some of them have been/were
- well, ARE - because once a Base Camper, always a Base Camper
Base Campers.
I remember upquark who was our human ressources person and who – at least at that time – lived on the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland. He, and a Norwegian named Trondos, born and raised in Trondheim, and I from the fertile, mulchy land of Denmark, belonging to each our team formed a Viking subset of Nordic crunchers.
upquark introduced ’immigrant song ’ as a sort of national hymn.

Everybody and everything throws me back to the land of Nostalgia these days hugs

You say you have no desire to go to Mexico, acpartsman, but still I take it you will go there with Base Camp if I promise to protect you the same way as I did my then-husband, right?
Exercise: I think happiness and a lively temperament keep you in shape - if you have any trails or sidewalks where you live, I would recommend
WALKS
to be combined with
TALKS
biggrin
[Mar 10, 2018 2:24:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
acpartsman
Veteran Cruncher
Martinsville VA, USA
Project Badges:

That's the joy of base camping. Enjoying places I can't or won't go in real life from the safety of my chair. smile
And of course I get to meet new people who share our desire to make a difference by crunching.
As for the seriouscrunchers challenges that I stuck around for, I figure, why not help? I'm already here. Maybe seeing us contribute to their ranks will prompt some of them to join or treks.

May have been the Teddies, I recognize that name, but it seems it may have been a longer name, can't say for sure.
One drop raises the sea.

[Mar 11, 2018 11:05:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sujo1
Veteran Cruncher
Usa
Project Badges:

@acpartsman I am a card carrying member of base camp but, as long as I am a team captain I can not trek. Many of Serious Crunchers trek when called.(much to my chagrin) Mostly because I can't go with. crying

[Mar 11, 2018 3:40:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 6595   Pages: 660   [ Previous Page | 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread