Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 274
Posts: 274   Pages: 28   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 230820 times and has 273 replies Next Thread
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Help Conquer Cancer Crunching Chart

In run time average HFCC and HCC are almost equal as are the overall number of jobs in the feeder, so it will be that the HCC preferred project crunchers take up so much work that a lesser share is left for those who do the HCC/HFCC research combination.
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jun 20, 2009 9:04:44 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hammerburg
Senior Cruncher

just boxing this Topic up
Lieber einen guten Freund verprellt als auf einen Scherz verzichtet!
[Nov 9, 2009 6:58:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

According to my calculations HCC won't be finished for another 3-3.5 actual years.
[Dec 16, 2009 5:22:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Only running HFCC now with occasional HPF 2.
[Dec 16, 2009 5:31:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

zeni7 wrote
According to my calculations HCC won't be finished for another 3-3.5 actual years.

Yes, but you don't know what the admin, programmers and scientists are planning to do to maintain that 2011 target for HCC ;>)
[Dec 16, 2009 9:24:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

zeni7 wrote

Yes, but you don't know what the admin, programmers and scientists are planning to do to maintain that 2011 target for HCC ;>)

True and my calculations don't take into much consideration for more people upgrading to multi-core cpu's. Still, I will be very impressed if HCC finishes in Q1 of 2011 (I didn't know that was the target).
[Dec 16, 2009 11:52:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Based on my standings on BOINC Stats the number of bigger crunchers is increasing almost daily so predicting finished dates may depend on Intel more then anything else.
[Dec 18, 2009 11:15:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

zeni7 wrote

True and my calculations don't take into much consideration for more people upgrading to multi-core cpu's. Still, I will be very impressed if HCC finishes in Q1 of 2011 (I didn't know that was the target).

Somewhere a typo maybe [please tell so we can correct], as the pie prints dec'11 at bottom and the gantt chart Q1-2012.
[Dec 19, 2009 3:49:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

It´s interesting to observe how credits per hour, thus power, has increased almost a full credit in the period the present crunching chart covers for HCC i.e. since Sep 20, 2009...

let there be more.

applause
[Jan 13, 2010 4:33:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sid2
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

It´s interesting to observe how credits per hour, thus power, has increased almost a full credit in the period the present crunching chart covers for HCC i.e. since Sep 20, 2009...

let there be more.

I would credit a lot of that to single core machines [aka boat anchors] being retired and being replaced with much more capable computers.

. . . add to that, the rise in utility rates. . . an i7 can easily replace a dozen single cores. . . .

[Jan 13, 2010 5:21:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 274   Pages: 28   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread