Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17718 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New badges

- 1 more level: Platinum@150days of CPU time.

- With Platinum we'd got 4 levels, so I propose another 4 more levels but make the badges for these levels animated .gif files, the animation being: The same 4 previous badges but in 3D, spinning on themselves, not the 2D current badge image but in full 3D rotating image of the symbol of each project with prism-like looking (like it was made of glass or ice). The goals could be: 250, 500, 1000 & 2000 days respectively.

Cheers.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 31, 2009 12:34:27 PM]
[Mar 31, 2009 11:59:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
damir1978
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: New badges

I second that but let the badges to be 2D.
By the way, badges are also important because you can use them on Facebook. And that actually make other people ask you about them. So they are a good "marketing" tool for WCG and I strongly sugest making a priority to implement some more levels of Badges.
[Mar 31, 2009 8:34:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

For the same reason you pointed out a 3D prism spinning batch would even call attention a lot.

An animated .gif file for the current size of the badges wont be big and the benefit/size ratio would be also big, so please let it be 3D.
[Mar 31, 2009 11:24:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Because nothing screams "tacky" like animated spinning 3D gif files.

I'm not sure that's the image WCG want to project.

But that's not the reason I veto the idea. It's more simple than that - I don't want my eyeballs to melt, or get motion sickness every time I visit the site.

damir1978, check out http://apps.facebook.com/worldcommunitygrid/index.php
[Mar 31, 2009 11:38:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
damir1978
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I know Didactylos. I'm updating regularly my Facebook WCG stats. That is one of the reason why I think that more levels for the Badges can be helpful.
[Apr 1, 2009 2:08:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

How do you use them in Facebook?
[Apr 1, 2009 4:36:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
damir1978
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

If you have an Facebook account you can use Didactylos link to go to WCG Facebook page.
From there follow the instructions and you can have your WCG Stats and Badges on your left side Wall. Looks nice and you can use them to start talk about WCG with your Facebook friends.
[Apr 1, 2009 7:00:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Awesome, thanks. I got it up on my page now.

I, of course, know what the badges represent. I don't understand the "trophies" in the trophy case. I have a bunch of ribbons and some other graphics. Can anyone enlighten me?
[Apr 1, 2009 7:21:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Don't ask me.... while the application is semi-official, and IBM was involved, I have still had no luck at all in communicating with the developers.
[Apr 1, 2009 7:32:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
damir1978
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Just a question:

After all this electronic ink on a bunch of threads about respectfully requesting New Level Badges ... is it even considered by WCG ?
And if it is, what are the chalenges to be implemented faster?

Thanks.
No Fight intended.
[Apr 2, 2009 8:50:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread