Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 148
Posts: 148   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28781 times and has 147 replies Next Thread
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Re: Final Batches of DDD-T Phase 1 have been loaded.

Hate to sound ignorant but I am. How does one change the cache to accomidate more WU's?
[Jul 23, 2009 2:52:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Re: Final Batches of DDD-T Phase 1 have been loaded.

Hate to sound ignorant but I am. How does one change the cache to accomidate more WU's?

A professor of mine once said every question is a good question, that is how people learn.

You can change the cache two ways.

1. By going on the website and going to "My Grid" then "My Devices". If you follow this link it'll save you from a few clicks (note you must be logged in for it to work)
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/device/viewDevices.do

Next, you need to select the profile name next to the computer you want to change the cache on. This should be "Default" if you have never messed witht the profile changes. Next you should get 5 radio buttons appear on the screen, Click on the Custom button and more options will appear.

You should see towards the bottom a "Work Unit Cache Setting", change these from what they are to the cache size you are looking for. for example if you want to cache 3 days of work, then change it to 3.0 days of work. You can leave the network connection to what it is as this will allow the work to return quickly when you complete it and fill your queue back up to the 3 days. There is a limit on how much you can download as all work units have time limits, so 3 days is a good amount depending on your cpu usage.

Click Save

Next go to your agent, in advanced mode. Go to the projects tab and select World Community Grid. Then press Update button. This will force the agent to download the new settings and possibly some new work.

2. The second method is to change the settings on the client. The only problem with this is that if you have setting there it is harder for us to give you support for them.

-Uplinger
[Jul 23, 2009 3:26:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nly32630
Advanced Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Maybe you also have some results on Pending Validation, as soon as they are validated, you probably get those points as well.

People who are chasing badges should not have too many WUs Pending Validation unless their machine returns too many errors. DDDT is a No-Redundancy project and stable machines should have most of their DDDT WUs in single mode.
Jean.

Most of my returned results were single quorum and immediately validated.

But there are some results on pending validation with a quorum of 2 and waiting for the other result
Once in a while a result ends up with status Error. No problem.

According to the update of yesterday of Uplinger, DDDT should have about 24 to 36 hours of work left. Last day... shock
----------------------------------------
Greetings,
Arjan

[Jul 23, 2009 4:11:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
eviltoad
Senior Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

Has the well dried up already? I'm getting messages of this type on all four of my systems:

24/07/2009 12:50:57 PM|World Community Grid|Sending scheduler request: To fetch work. Requesting 28854 seconds of work, reporting 0 completed tasks
24/07/2009 12:53:29 PM|World Community Grid|Scheduler request succeeded: got 0 new tasks
24/07/2009 12:53:29 PM|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work sent
24/07/2009 12:53:29 PM|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your settings on the website.
24/07/2009 12:53:29 PM|World Community Grid|Message from server: (won't finish in time) Computer on 100.0% of time, BOINC on 100.0% of that

[Jul 24, 2009 3:28:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Has the well dried up already? I'm getting messages of this type on all four of my systems:

Don't know, but don't think so. I just got new WUs for DDDT. And they aren't "repair" WUs.

Ronaldo
[Jul 24, 2009 4:41:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
roundup
Veteran Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

I don't think so either. Just got fresh WUs.
[Jul 24, 2009 4:57:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

24/07/2009 12:50:57 PM|World Community Grid|Sending scheduler request: To fetch work. Requesting 28854 seconds of work, reporting 0 completed tasks
24/07/2009 12:53:29 PM|World Community Grid|Scheduler request succeeded: got 0 new tasks
24/07/2009 12:53:29 PM|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work sent
24/07/2009 12:53:29 PM|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your settings on the website.
24/07/2009 12:53:29 PM|World Community Grid|Message from server: (won't finish in time) Computer on 100.0% of time, BOINC on 100.0% of that

See the last line. You've very probably cached more than the clients can handle to meet deadline, which is 10 days.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Jul 24, 2009 5:18:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Just checked and it looks like there are still new work units being sent out. I downloaded a work unit from batch 1702p0874 which means there are probably a few more batches in the hopper. the last batch is 1702p0902 so if you see one of these, you have one of the last new work units. I expect the new work units to run dry during my sleep. I will check when I wake up to let everyone know as for me it is past midnight so time to check for light leaks in my eyelids.

Thanks,
-Uplinger
[Jul 24, 2009 5:22:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nly32630
Advanced Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Just checked and it looks like there are still new work units being sent out. I downloaded a work unit from batch 1702p0874 which means there are probably a few more batches in the hopper. the last batch is 1702p0902 so if you see one of these, you have one of the last new work units. I expect the new work units to run dry during my sleep. I will check when I wake up to let everyone know as for me it is past midnight so time to check for light leaks in my eyelids.

I just got a 1702p0901, while about 1 hour ago I got some 1702p0888 and 1702p0892

Edit: I just got a dddt1702p0902.

We are almost dry, it must be a matter of less than 2 hours shock
Greetings,
Arjan

[Edit 1 times, last edit by nly32630 at Jul 24, 2009 9:20:21 AM]
[Jul 24, 2009 9:10:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
roundup
Veteran Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

It's over!
I just got new messages:
Message from Server: No work available...

I have a little more than needed for Emerald in my Caches. Hopefully they will be all valid.
[Jul 24, 2009 10:33:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 148   Pages: 15   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread