Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 47
Posts: 47   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 65001 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Avancement total du projet ?

CMD2_0086-PPP5A.clustersOccur-2ENZ_A.clustersOccur_1
CMD2_0086-2IO2_C.clustersOccur-3BHX_A.clustersOccur_36

Looks like two parents.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 3, 2009 4:47:27 PM]
[Oct 3, 2009 4:45:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

The scientist report as of today 3.76% progress with the bar charts showing part receipt of batches through 65. Meantime just received child tasks for batch 81, so guess we're well into the 4 percentile of completion.

Interestingly, with each update, we seem to be shaving off a year from the completion date, purely based on positions, not considering they get lighter as we work through. The lighter should translate in less child and grand child tasks. Guess the techs who steer the sizes of the jobs are the only once who really can tell if the number of completed positions per task at mean run time is increasing... maybe it's still too early in the project.

ttyl
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Oct 5, 2009 5:42:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Decrypt74
Cruncher
France
Project Badges:

Statistics updated on November 4th

Received results from 7,468,845 workunits.
This is 7,963,383,949 positions of 137,652,178,995.
5.79 % smile

Keep crunching

[Nov 5, 2009 7:08:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

You never know, some break through may occur today and all the sudden we are in the last percentile. Doubt it, but with research anything can happen. If we do however continue at this rate it will take many years to complete this project, which is great as far as I am concerned.
[Nov 5, 2009 2:59:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rembertw
Senior Cruncher
Belgium
Project Badges:

... with research anything can happen...
and WCG has given surprises before concerning project endings. Only after I reach sapphire here will I go back to "all projects". That should be in about 2 weeks from now, barring new projects or beta batches coming up.
[Nov 5, 2009 3:19:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

You never know, some break through may occur today and all the sudden we are in the last percentile.
I am sure you have read in other threads about all stages between a "hit" (positive or false positive) and a really successful cure, therefore I don't think you really believe that scientists could really stop this project so suddenly.
I think we are here together for a long sustained effort.

But thanks for letting us dream for a few seconds. That never hurts. Jean.
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Nov 6, 2009 6:42:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Col323
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I picked up my first batch 149 WU today, which means we're coming down off the mountain of batches 146-148. We won't see batches of their size again for another 700 or so. In the short term, the next 10 should go quickly before a slight bump in the early 160s.

Keep crunching!
[Nov 6, 2009 1:51:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
skarm
Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

I picked up my first batch 149 WU today, which means we're coming down off the mountain of batches 146-148. We won't see batches of their size again for another 700 or so. In the short term, the next 10 should go quickly before a slight bump in the early 160s.

Keep crunching!

Out of curiosity how can you tell the sizes of the batches ahead of time? I am still quite new to WCG all things considered and there's a few tricks of the trade I am unaware of! :p
[Nov 6, 2009 5:20:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Col323
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

I use this large graph which they update from time to time. The taller spikes have more work, although the further right we go, they say the easier it is to compute that work. Red is work we have yet to do, blue is what we have done. That is based upon what work has actually been sent back to the researchers, not just crunched and returned to the WCG servers.
[Nov 6, 2009 7:14:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I use this large graph which they update from time to time. The taller spikes have more work, although the further right we go, they say the easier it is to compute that work. Red is work we have yet to do, blue is what we have done. That is based upon what work has actually been sent back to the researchers, not just crunched and returned to the WCG servers.

Are you able to access that site? I haven't been able to reach it for a few days now.
[Nov 8, 2009 8:07:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 47   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread