Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 26
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29131 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Bok7575
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile Request for global subproject user level xml

I know this is already posted in the website forum and forgive me for the double post, but I figure this is the better place for it to be considered by the techies.. I'll sum up the requirements and the .

I would love to have available the subproject data for users available for 3rd party stats.

Primegrid and Yoyo@Home have an add on to the boinc server export code to do this. In primegrid's case it generates an xml file named user_work which is compressed just like the team/user/host files.

An example of the data from primegrid follows (random account):
<user>
<id>17066</id>
<subproject name="TPS_333333">
<workunits>3227</workunits>
<primes>1</primes>
<credit>4687.90819199986</credit>
</subproject>
<subproject name="WOO">
<workunits>59</workunits>
<primes>0</primes>
<credit>41426.5348359112</credit>
</subproject>

-----more data snipped-----
</user>

This allows for tracking of the values daily/weekly/monthly and I've been doing that if you look here in the subproject breakdown. More could definitely be added to this with graphs and such.

I could see the WCG data as something like

<user>
<id>507636</id>
<subproject name="HFCC">
<results>3452</results>
<points>357616</points>
<runtime>0:150:13:16:45</runtime>
</subproject>
<subproject name="FLU1">
<results>823</results>
<points>453620</points>
<runtime>0:190:14:04:02</runtime>
</subproject>

etc etc

I think it would be a great addition to be able to track daily how many points/results/time have been put into the various subprojects at WCG. It would also allow for displaying the badges in signatures automatically thus promoting WCG further.

I know this could take some work, so as an additional, in the interim would it be possible to display this data in xml for an individual user ? I could then track at least a select few (I wouldn't want to do too many calls to get data)

Regards

Bok
[Jul 22, 2009 4:03:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Request for global subproject user level xml

Hi Bok7575,

I did a topic for the same request, -> http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=22612#230311
[Jul 28, 2009 2:38:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bok7575
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Interesting. I only hope it will one day be available, not sure why it's considered personal data myself, but that's my opinion :)

Can you explain how to get the badge information via xml with the verification code ? I don't see it explained anywhere, that would certainly be a start..

Regards

Bok
[Jul 28, 2009 4:11:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You don't need verification code now for the badges informations.

For exemple, for yourself, to have a lot of informations in xml, you just need to add &xml=true in url like paramater.

So for you it's :

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewMe...Name=Bok7575&xml=true

This feed will give you this information (it's just an extract here)

<MemberStats>
<MemberStat>
<Name>Bok7575</Name>
<MemberId>507636</MemberId>
<TeamId>G45XNJBR9N1</TeamId>
<RegisterDate>2008-07-08</RegisterDate>
<LastResult>2009-07-28T11:57:18</LastResult>
<NumDevices>17</NumDevices>
[...]

For the informations badges, you just need this part of informations :

<Badges>
<Badge>
<ProjectName>FightAIDS@Home</ProjectName>
<Resource>
<Url>http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/images/pb/faah_2.jpg</Url>
<Description>Gold Level Badge (90 days) for FightAIDS@Home</Description>
</Resource>
</Badge>
[...]

I can give you an advice if you want to make personnal badge, don't use <Description> like secured data, prefered <url>. (Because description can change, it's what happen last week biggrin )

With <url> you can have :

base url -> http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/images/pb/
project inc -> faah
badge level -> 2
extension -> .jpg

For information :

Level

- 0 = Bronze
- 1 = Argent
- 2 = Gold
- 3 = Ruby
- 4 = Emerauld
- 5 = Sapphire
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 28, 2009 5:00:58 PM]
[Jul 28, 2009 4:59:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bok7575
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

*Bump*

Any comments from the techs at all ?
[Aug 5, 2009 1:58:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Let me say a word, what I said in the other thread: It may be a privacy case [not debating this] and when in doubt such things are approached with the "If in doubt, don't". It's similar to the default-off for team mail, though it may be changing for captains. Want to be one, you will have to be contactable. As for the badges, well posting is voluntary and there are still ways of support through other channels.

Other example: How's the host.gz file constituted? For all I know only visible with those who opted in to show them. Currently no one can opt out. Maybe a work around for the future.

edit: Ah yes knreed just posted, the verification code that at least 1 team stat compiler is using for sub-project team stats.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sekerob at Aug 5, 2009 3:05:12 PM]
[Aug 5, 2009 3:01:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Have primegrid and yoyo provided their code changes back to BOINC?

Currently the BOINC database doesn't store 'application' level credit information. It is only the aggregate user level information. We have to export the data out of BOINC in order to be able to put it into the website database.

We will add a to-do item however, so that the 'verification' URL will return the specific contribution by subproject. Take a look at this FAQ for details: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=profile#335
[Aug 5, 2009 3:02:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bok7575
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

I can certainly talk with Yoyo and Primegrid to see. I know they already indicated a willingness to share the code with any project wanting it.

Thanks, will get back as soon as I hear from them..

Bok
[Aug 5, 2009 3:49:11 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bok7575
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

David Anderson has asked for anyone to contribute the code for this and he'll put it into the main BOINC code.

The original Primegrid code is in perl, so not of use here, hopefully Yoyo or someone else might look into it.

Bok
[Aug 9, 2009 5:21:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

<offtopic>Smelling something coming that David Anderson could use as a replacement of the rDCF, what he qualified I think as a clunker of a solution. Imagine a control value to manage work durations at client and science level. Certainly the servers could maintain the values at host/science level.

End of short pipe dream and</offtopic>
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Aug 9, 2009 5:37:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread