Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1494
Posts: 1494   Pages: 150   [ Previous Page | 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 213281 times and has 1493 replies Next Thread
USAFA 82
Veteran Cruncher
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Christians are giving......come give with us!

I would like to encourage folks to donate time once in a while to other teams through little mermaid's Base Camp. I used to have a lot of fun doing that.

Good job crunching, team! Although we have over 600 current members, only about 100 are active crunchers. We're averaging 3471 results a day and are ranked 32.
----------------------------------------

Cancer Survivor
Play Star Citizen!
[Nov 13, 2017 5:48:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Oh, Mike, I just see this now! How are you by the way, survivor?
Thank you very much for your recommandation.
We would be very pleased to have some of your Team Christian members along on our future adventures.
And we should of course be seriously pleased to have some representation from yourself.
Can you still ’split’ your computers?
Well, I may have some Marie bisquits in my rucksack for you laughing

[Nov 13, 2017 3:35:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PowerFactor
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

USAFA 82, have you heard anything from Col323 or Pandelta?
[Nov 14, 2017 1:02:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
USAFA 82
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

No, I haven't heard from them in a while.

Cancer Survivor
Play Star Citizen!
[Nov 14, 2017 5:35:59 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Swimming under the surface,
I noticed Col323 being to the Forums
a few days ago

[Nov 14, 2017 7:30:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Mike, could you help me, please?
I would like to aquire one more account like yours USAFA 82 as one and USAFA 82@BC as the second.
I have three crunching ’devices’. Would I be able to move them between accounts? And if yes: How?
If there is anything else you think I should know when doing this (I’m not that bright at it), please let me know.
Thank you in advance
smile
[Nov 26, 2017 10:00:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
USAFA 82
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I haven't used my @BC account in a while. It used to be easier to switch accounts on the same computer, but is more difficult now because of how WCG saves data.

I've been using a portable version of BOINC and intend to use one of those for @BC so I can going camping once in a while. I mainly use the portable versions when I'm working on a customer's computer and need to test it's stability.

I found information on a portable version of BOINC here:
https://portableapps.com/node/17295

There's a link within that thread that goes to a person's github.com site and contains the code for his portable version of BOINC.
https://github.com/YoursTruly55/PortableApps/tree/master/Tools/BOINCPortable

However, I had trouble getting that to work, so I had downloaded and use the executable that he has on his dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e23ag6derdm4u0k/BOI...7.4.42.0_x86.paf.exe?dl=0
It's not the current version of BOINC, but it works with WCG.

Cancer Survivor
Play Star Citizen!
[Nov 27, 2017 9:22:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thank you for taking the time to explain, Mike.
I have copied your recipe and shall no doubt run into a lot of difficulties.
I feel the fear building worried

May I ask you again as I bump into problems, please?
EDIT:
I haven't used my @BC account in a while. It used to be easier to switch accounts on the same computer, but is more difficult now because of how WCG saves data.
But don't you crunch at SNURK and Friends with an @BC account?
I've been using a portable version of BOINC and intend to use one of those for @BC so I can going camping once in a while.
So pleased to hear you're still up for Base Camping. We ought to have some line of communication going. I intend to try making a Facebook group for what it's worth. Should be better than nothing. Later we might build a castle again if we see the need.

The worry could be that not all Base Campers are Facebookers.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 27, 2017 10:26:46 PM]
[Nov 27, 2017 10:00:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

However, I had trouble getting that to work, so I had downloaded and use the executable that he has on his dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e23ag6derdm4u0k/BOI...7.4.42.0_x86.paf.exe?dl=0
It's not the current version of BOINC, but it works with WCG.
OK, Mike, I downloaded that one, installed it and it runs and is pretty much a mirror of my original BOINC and both shows the same tasks running.
What will you suggest I do now in order to make say one of my 'devices' run some of the tasks under a new account named say 'ugly duckling'?

EDIT: idea Could we use the 'remote desktop' feature, so you could manipulate what needs to be done, do you think?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 30, 2017 7:07:54 AM]
[Nov 30, 2017 6:34:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
USAFA 82
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

OK, Mike, I downloaded that one, installed it and it runs and is pretty much a mirror of my original BOINC and both shows the same tasks running.
What will you suggest I do now in order to make say one of my 'devices' run some of the tasks under a new account named say 'ugly duckling'?

The first time I ran the portable version of BOINC, I signed in using my regular USAFA 82 account. I made three versions of that. My next one will be to sign in as USAFA82@BC for camping purposes. My thought is that I would exit the regular crunching on my main computer and start up the portable version and hope that it does it as USAFA82@BC. Or, I would transfer the @BC portable agent to a computer that I'm working on and let it do some WUs while I have it in my office.
EDIT: idea Could we use the 'remote desktop' feature, so you could manipulate what needs to be done, do you think?

It would be difficult to coordinate a time to provide remote services, but it's possible. What timezone are you in? Is it CET? I believe your current time is about 9:30pm as I'm sending this message at 1:30pm my time.

Cancer Survivor
Play Star Citizen!
[Nov 30, 2017 8:30:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 1494   Pages: 150   [ Previous Page | 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread