Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 155
Posts: 155   Pages: 16   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86281 times and has 154 replies Next Thread
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Final Batches of CEP Phase 1 have been loaded. (Completed)

Greetings everyone,

We just received the final batches of work from the researchers. By my estimates, this will allow there to be new work available for the next 25 days. Please note that this is a rough estimate and may change a little over the next couple of weeks. This project will stay at the current pace and not increase in speed to finish it quicker.

Thank you for all of the computational time towards this project!

-Uplinger

Note: I hope to have a better estimate tomorrow. This will be after the final batches have been loaded into the grid.

Edit: Completed added to topic.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by uplinger at Oct 12, 2009 3:48:05 PM]
[Aug 19, 2009 7:16:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Final Batches of CEP Phase 1 have been loaded.

Thanks. Saphire here we go! tongue tongue tongue
[Aug 19, 2009 11:43:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
breathesgelatin
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

The race begins! I love to watch the super-crunchers go!

[Aug 20, 2009 2:36:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
X-Files 27
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

about 4 days to go an reach blue badge.

[Aug 20, 2009 5:11:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

about 4 days to go an reach blue badge.

Same here! In 4 days I should have enough in PV and cache to make it to Sapphire. biggrin
[Aug 20, 2009 6:20:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
roundup
Veteran Cruncher
Switzerland
Project Badges:

Greetings everyone,

We just received the final batches of work from the researchers. By my estimates, this will allow there to be new work available for the next 25 days.

That's a surprise and it means that our extrapolations in this thread (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/...hread=22627&offset=20) have been wrong.
Also Sekerobs nice Crunching Charts disappeared from the mentioned thread today confused

Edit: The Crunching Chart is depicted in above mentionend thread again. The progess jumped to 86,42%.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by roundup at Aug 20, 2009 2:28:30 PM]
[Aug 20, 2009 7:48:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gordoma
Veteran Cruncher
Windsor, UK
Project Badges:

By my estimates, this will allow there to be new work available for the next 25 days. Please note that this is a rough estimate and may change a little over the next couple of weeks

Thanks for the update Uplinger.

It's going to be close for my attempt to hit my Emerald before it finishes. I'm on 250 CPU days at the moment, so I need 115 CPU days to hit my year. My average return over the last 2 weeks has been ~4.95 CPU days per calendar day, which means I need just over 23 calendar days to hit my badge target.

thinking

Just checked and I have another 1.5 CPU days of valid results returned since the stats update and 5.2 CPU days in PV limbo. Taking this into account, along with a modest cache might just get me there!

Be interesting to keep an eye on any changes to Uplinger's estimate in the next week or so as I might end up just finishing early and hitting the Rice bandwagon instead.

[Aug 20, 2009 8:46:52 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PecosRiverM
Veteran Cruncher
The Great State of Texas
Project Badges:

Looks like my kids are not going to be too happy the next 21dys or so. It's time to turn down the a/c and crunch crunch maybe to sapphire.

No video game or excess web surffing, because I'll need all those cycles to do it.

[Aug 20, 2009 9:29:56 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
eviltoad
Senior Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

I'll get my Emerald badge in about 9 calendar days, so that's in the bag. But Sapphire at 49 days is out of my reach.

[Aug 20, 2009 10:38:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Greg Lyke
Advanced Cruncher

I'm now very glad that a little while ago I decided to push for Ruby. I got that wrapped up this past Tues cool so my accelerated crunching worked. Back to the others that really need it (*cough Flu *cough).

Anyway, good luck to all in this phase's final rush to upgraded badges.
[Aug 20, 2009 10:46:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 155   Pages: 16   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread