Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 73244 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
anyone else seeing these kinds of errors? I'm getting tons of them.

This just started happening today anyone have any ideas, there are tons of these.. they run for about 0.02 hours then croke. This is on our new i7 CPU with Win7 (64 bit) with 6 Gig's of memory.

Result Log

Result Name: mt163_ 00029_ 16--
<core_client_version>6.2.28</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<message>
Incorrect function. (0x1) - exit code 1 (0x1)
</message>
<stderr_txt>
ERROR:: Exit at: .\dock_structure.cc line:401

</stderr_txt>
]]>

sad
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Sep 4, 2009 1:01:06 AM]
[Sep 4, 2009 12:47:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mreuter80
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: anyone else seeing these kinds of errors? I'm getting tons of them.

The problem is well known, but no solution is available.
Chekc out this thread http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,25122
Some users have reported fixing it by excepting the BOINC folders from the anti-virus scans, but that didn't work for all (especially for the 64 bit users).

If it started now maybe you can recall whether you installed some kind of software or changed anything on the system (e.g. BIOS, hardware ...).

if it just spordaic I wouldn't be concerned, but if you just get errors, then deselect the project in your settings.

Just some thoughts. Maybe Sekerob can chime in to give you some more advice.

Cheers
[Sep 4, 2009 2:36:54 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I've had several of these so have now unsubscribed from the project.
[Sep 24, 2009 7:38:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TrustedDragon
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I've had several of these so have now unsubscribed from the project.

Got the same error:

Result Name: mu194_ 00054_ 16--

<core_client_version>6.2.18</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<message>
Incorrect function. (0x1) - exit code 1 (0x1)
</message>
<stderr_txt>
ERROR:: Exit at: .\dock_structure.cc line:401

</stderr_txt>
]]>

I removed that project from that PC. If it happens in the others then I will remove it from them as well.

Like to know if you guys were running XP or VISTA? I know there was one project that for some reason would not play with VISTA very well.

[Sep 27, 2009 11:19:16 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

So the duh question here is: What platform are you on? 6.2.18 could be any. You mention 'PC', but given Apple uses Intel these days, not sure if 'It's a Mac' is still a true statement ;>)

Nothing has changed v.v. the line:401 error, it for longer seemingly concentrating on Vista, any Vista, and maybe now W7 too? Sometime Q1/Q2-2010 new code will be developed, that will identify any device being a regular failer on any specific project and then it not getting them send without need of user intervention. That will reduce the bomb rates somewhat i.e. less repair jobs circulating, less minute and bandwidth wasted . Periodically the servers will than send a single work unit to those excluded by the mechanism to see if the problem resolved itself.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 27, 2009 11:33:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TrustedDragon
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I use the term "PC" to mean all "Personal Computers" no matter if it's an apple, or Windows or whatever. I also use that term instead of typing Desktop or Laptop since they are PC's. In fact I think it was in PC Mag that I read something along the same line when someone wrote in asking why they were putting stuff about "Macs" and their reply was that all Computers are PC's no matter what OS it has on it. If I had a PC with the Mac OS and it had a problem then I would state that it was a Mac OS just like I would have to say I was having a problem with a PC with Windows I would have to say XP Home or XP Pro or whatever the OS is.

The reason I asked if it was a XP or VISTA was to be sure that only Vista was still the only one having problems with that Project. So far I have not had a problem with the XP Pro or Home running this project.

[Sep 28, 2009 1:16:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Please just next time if you have a report just tell us the platform this was on and if Mac, what OS/X PPC or Intel (in this project's case it does still not run on PPC FAIK). The 'know' has to be both ways since you post the fail.

thanks
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 28, 2009 5:56:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TrustedDragon
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Sorry about that, I was wanting to know what Normich was running since he didn't say and the one before him said he was running W7. It was not until after I posted that I saw that one was running W7. I stated that I was only having problems with it on VISTA and that was the PC I removed it from.

I will try to make it clearer next time. Pls forgive. blushing

[Edit 1 times, last edit by TrustedDragon at Sep 28, 2009 2:58:27 PM]
[Sep 28, 2009 2:53:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
X-Files 27
Senior Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:
confused Re: anyone else seeing these kinds of errors? I'm getting tons of them.

Apperently it affect XP 32bit too. I thought its vista only?
WU

BOINC ver 6.6.36

[Sep 28, 2009 4:01:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TrustedDragon
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thanks for the info.... I'll have to setup those PC's not to get any. Last time I looked they had not.

[Sep 28, 2009 8:19:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread