Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5561
Posts: 5561   Pages: 557   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 280723 times and has 5560 replies Next Thread
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Not sure how much longer they will be able to keep crunching in the UK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/oct/08/kingsnorth-activists-protest

It takes true genius to turn coal fired power stations into a greater menace that their nuclear cousins!

For those of you who think we have any effect on the Climate check out the reality of the allegedly "disappearing" North Pole here

http://www.ijis.iarc.uaf.edu/en/home/seaice_extent.htm

The red line is 2009

I wonder how long it will be before the lights go out and all the benefits to society Electricity brings turn intermittent.

Break out the Tilly Lamps folk it's 1973 again

(Knreed I really need a shaking head in disbelief smiley wink)

Buy a warm winter coat today it is going to be horrible this year

Dave
----------------------------------------

[Oct 8, 2009 4:52:14 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
Re: Not sure how much longer they will be able to keep crunching in the UK

Still not learning Dave, still not grasping. One day you will, if your god wants you to understand physics... They ARE inalterable!

Before it disappears, visit the greenies thread and ask yourself the question: Why is that snow cover inexorably reducing... all in the mere period of your short lifetime?

WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Oct 8, 2009 6:55:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mikey
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Still not learning Dave, still not grasping. One day you will, if your god wants you to understand physics... They ARE inalterable!

Before it disappears, visit the greenies thread and ask yourself the question: Why is that snow cover inexorably reducing... all in the mere period of your short lifetime?

It's couldn't be because of the ebb and flow of Earthly things could it? Meaning the Earth went thru an Ice Age, the Earth went thru a hot time, maybe all we humans are doing is speeding up nature's natural process. The Earth has always gone thru a ebb and flow of change, maybe what we are seeing is that process, maybe we humans think too highly of our own abilities? I do not think the final research results are in yet, but I do see what the Greenies say they see. I am just not entirely sure they are completely correct in their assumptions based on the data. Will it be too late when the final results are in and will we be too far down the path of what they see? Who knows but if they are wrong, this is a huge exercise in futility!

[Oct 8, 2009 9:46:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/oct/08/kingsnorth-activists-protest

It takes true genius to turn coal fired power stations into a greater menace that their nuclear cousins!

Dave

One day you might also realize that Currently built coal plants are a greater menace than there nuclear cousins...

no im not talking about "clean coal plants" since none of those exist so i cant compare them.
I do not know about the UK but in the US there is a HUGE propaganda wave about clean coal. but since no clean coal plant has been started construction let alone built.

[Oct 8, 2009 11:49:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

TKH, please lock this thread before it too gets out of hand. Journalistic opinion is not scientific fact.
[Oct 8, 2009 2:17:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I dont see any good reason for locking this thread if it all stays reasonably civilized.
[Oct 8, 2009 2:43:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Dear all there is nothing inexorably disappearing that's just the point

There is nothing unusual about our Climate that means that a much needed Coal Power Station shouldn't be built

I agree there is nothing clean about them but they have to be infinitely more acceptable than the fallout of any potential Nuclear Accident of their alternative

The only guaranteed perfectly safe Nuclear Power Station is one that stays on the drawing board

and yet the same folk who are against Kingsnorth embrace with open arms the new (sadly) Nuclear Buildout in the UK

Bizzarre isn't it that Nuclear Power could by any stretch of the imagination be considered Green

and yet it's the environmentalists thate prevent the the Wind farm on the Isle of Lewis (potential provider of true green renewable energy) from going ahead because it might upset the odd Pheasant

http://www.lewiswind.com/

It's a crazy world we are living in

so here I sit in Belgium and guess what ?????

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/news/091002_nuclear

I wonder if they understand the concept of MTBF and how this reduces at end of life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germany about to do a U Turn too

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/83773336-b15a-11de-b06b-00144feabdc0.html

and this from the land of Freiberg

http://www.solarregion.freiburg.de/solarregion/grusswort.php

How did Nuclear become the best thing since sliced bread and coal the great menace?

You only have to look back 4 years to Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" and fast forward to Copenhagen in December to find the answer

Right now we have the chance to do something great

Let's not end up doing nothing or something far far worse

Dave

[Oct 8, 2009 6:29:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Right now we have the chance to do something great
Like a simple Thread Lock
[Oct 8, 2009 7:16:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Think you missed the Admin's post named "Forum Policy". Suggest you contact them directly via support@worldcommunitygrid.org should you need further clarification as one could infer you did not read it, regardless of the fact that you also posted a comment in that thread.

Till then, lest you have something to say relevant to the discussion in the OP of David Autumns' started thread, you give it further wide berth IRRESPECTIVE of this being Chat Room or not.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Oct 8, 2009 7:29:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Johnny Cool
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

(Knreed I really need a shaking head in disbelief smiley wink)

Buy a warm winter coat today it is going to be horrible this year

Dave

biggrin

Team Andrax Co-Captain
Free-DC Stats
Join Team Andrax at WCG
[Oct 8, 2009 7:41:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 5561   Pages: 557   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread