Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5561
Posts: 5561   Pages: 557   [ Previous Page | 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 281254 times and has 5560 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Not sure how much longer they will be able to keep crunching in the UK

Really taken a liking to the former US presidents site of short line and anecdotes... Reagan was king on that. Think though ATM, George's
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." is my personal momentary fav. With all the right key-words in them "truth" "propaganda" "repeating". His 8 year of reign really set the bar high how things needed to shaped as the new foundation for the future.

More temps... now Dr. Roy Spencer's variation. The Dr. pulled a fast one by moving his baseline forward to include 2010, we and you now know too, not quiet a full blast El Nino year, was the record setter. By pulling the fast one, appearances against him [of course that could never be proven], he was able in the knowledge of La Nina running full tilt, to get the end-of-string temp anomalies to ''print'' with smaller numbers, so ''just'' 0.32 (0.315C+), per June. His chart as of now:

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/UAH_LT_current.gif
(it's BIG!)

Trouble is, it makes really not one iota difference how the Dr. does it to make those at his feet and feel less abhorred about the deviations in climate... the lullaby, I feel pretty and witty world... one grand musical. Doing the 4th version of the boxcar plot on data of UAH 5.4, baseline 1981-2010, cannot ''hide the decline'':

The Dr. full-well understands one needs 30 years to tease out the signal, but hard as he's working to hide the incline, it's showing through.

--//--

P.S, Roy Spencer postulates that doubling CO2 from 280 ppmv will add a global 1.3C (of course not evenly spread around the world, now does it?). He thinks that, the rabbit out the hat, clouds will increase to work as offset... as negative feedback [and causing La Nina in his very latest snow white rabbit from top hat act]. Now David, having the "CO2 does have an effect" reacknowledgment out of the way [though the perpetuated hand-waving on 393 ppmv or ''only ''0.0393%" gives readers, new reader particularly the impression you don't it does diddely]: How much do you think that CO2 will do in the running century and what backup and corroboration and peer concensus have you got to show for that value, minimum effect, medium effect, maximum effect?

P.P.S. Annual rise of CO2 is growing, on an exponential curve. 2010 had a record human output, 5% over previous record set in 2008!

P.P.P.S. Water vapor PLUS CO2 are keeping us now 33C warmer than without. Water vapor has a 10 day atmospheric residence time. CO2 from hundreds to thousands of years, what's in the active cycle [land/air/sea]. We know what's adding to it now... it's that isotope signature giving it away!
[Jul 19, 2011 10:38:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

retsof don't get me started on the relative damaging effects of polonium

compared to the non-damaging effects of a gas I create within my own body through the process of aerobic cellular respiration and expel by exhaling

don't get me started

rest assured it'll get ugly
----------------------------------------

[Jul 19, 2011 1:16:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

[Jul 19, 2011 1:17:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

and then 5957 miles away

The best thing since sliced bread !!!!

http://www.businessgreen.com/bg/news/2095092/...-statements-gain-approval

[Jul 19, 2011 1:20:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Sek talking of news coverage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20162...orporation-body-rule.html

compare and contrast in no more than 1000 words

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_Police

[Jul 19, 2011 5:25:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

Here's a thing

http://www.space.com/images/i/8014/original/SDO_Earth_scale-EDIT2.jpg

variation on a theme

We are allowed our own thoughts you know

[Jul 19, 2011 9:00:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
retsof
Former Community Advisor
USA
Project Badges:

retsof don't get me started on the relative damaging effects of polonium

compared to the non-damaging effects of a gas I create within my own body through the process of aerobic cellular respiration and expel by exhaling

don't get me started

Exhale enough of that non-damaging gas in a small enclosed space and suffocate for lack of oxygen.

Concentration for only a few minutes of greater than 4% carbon dioxide is dangerous.

Greater than 14% is instantly lethal.

http://www.scottecatalog.com/msds.nsf/MSDSNo/M-21213?OpenDocument
SUPPORT ADVISOR
Work+GPU i7 8700 12threads
School i7 4770 8threads
Default+GPU Ryzen 7 3700X 16threads
Ryzen 7 3800X 16 threads
Ryzen 9 3900X 24threads
Home i7 3540M 4threads50%
[Edit 2 times, last edit by retsof at Jul 20, 2011 1:47:15 AM]
[Jul 20, 2011 1:43:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

and the point relating to incredibly toxic polonium is..........?

For reference the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is 0.0393%

CO2 is required for all life on the Planet. It is our food chain. It's our chemistry.

Have a look into Organic Chemistry and ask yourself where do all those Carbon atoms originate from?

Every last one started out as the C in atmospheric CO2

Have a look at a lump of limestone - it's Calcium Carbonate CaCO3 every last molecule of CaCO3 contains a CO2 molecule taken from the atmosphere by a coccolithophorid alga and deposited at the bottom of the Ocean in times gone by

Has this process stopped today?

14% CO2 is over 350 times the level found in Air

Are you really claiming that CO2 levels today are unnatural?

[Jul 20, 2011 3:53:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David Autumns
Ace Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commenta...-to-extremes-2315938.html

How is this any different to the Thought Police of 1984?

Right I had best get going

I am up at this hour so I can cycle to the station and get on the train to London

Why don't I have a car ?

[Jul 20, 2011 3:57:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Think we've seen these
don't get me started

same or [before we have another ''I did not say that''] or similar lines of same connotation in this or the removed thread. NOT a good idea! It is NOT!

Meantime, Santa Claus will have to be looking for different summer residency. 20+% of his summer abode [till now] has disappeared compared to 2002 for same day of year. Most of that in the last 5 years. In fact, global cooling after such a terrible winter and a lulling sun has not stopped the non-recovery of the decline... in kilometers square the present and how much there was more in previous JAXA recorded years:
YEAR	RNK	JAXA     YESTD	DIFF'11	%
'11 1 7111094 0
'10 3 7766563 655469 9,2%
'09 5 8064219 953125 13,4%
'08 7 8168125 1057031 14,9%
'07 2 7363281 252187 3,5%
'06 4 7875000 763906 10,7%
'05 6 8102188 991094 13,9%
'04 10 8748750 1637656 23,0%
'03 9 8622188 1511094 21,2%
'02 8 8581719 1470625 20,7%

Link to Santa Clause's statistical depiction of his North Pole home
http://www.ijis.iarc.uaf.edu/en/home/seaice_extent.htm
Look vertical from the red, right end of the line, then up to see the difference between the JAXA recorded minimum and maxima for that time of the year.

Comparing with much longer running records such as of NOAA (well familiar to USA citizens), NSIDC, Nansen Roos, HadleyCRU to name a few, shows there been a much bigger loss... those have started in earnest in the late 70's. Drawn from a 30 years average baseline to account for the natural variability [noise] factor, this is how the Arctic Sea Ice state is looking per 2 days ago, in Millions of KM square:

Before that the cover was relatively flat. US Navy in amongst has extensive record on things such as thickness and location and Al Gore, Yes, Al Gore was the man who's been instrumental in getting these [then military sensitive] records released to Climate Scientists for much longer ranging, detail picture. We know CO2 has a major impact on the global mean temperature, else we'd really freeze and we know [puny] man is adding it, beyond inkling of doubt.

--//--

P.S. I don't believe think that manna ever rained from the sky, but in a metaphorical sense. We have to fix things ourselves and the cost won't kill us. 1-2% of Global GDP, less than the average cost a family spends on insurance. And the payback is: Many new jobs.

P.P.S. If you have the urge, hide Mr Hyde. He's disliked in every person, and closing for now, a quote by good old George:
Please don't ask me to do that which I've just said I'm not going to do, because you're burning up time. The meter is running ...

Food for thought, but not to all.

--//--

edit: Removed some abundant double spacing.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jul 20, 2011 9:51:39 AM]
[Jul 20, 2011 9:37:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 5561   Pages: 557   [ Previous Page | 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread