Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 369
Posts: 369   Pages: 37   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 56338 times and has 368 replies Next Thread
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
DDD2 Type B work units going out.

Greetings all,

Happy New Years! We are going to be having a new BETA soon. We are waiting on the alpha results to be completed to make sure it is good for BETA. These results should be done in the next 24-48 hours. So I am hopeful we will be able to start the next beta in this time.

This next beta is for type B work units. Both the pe and se work units. There will be 420 work units. These were created from the 211 work units from the type a's. 1 of the 211 work units was dropped to due a molecule configuration issue. So 210 * 2 is 420 work units :) There will be 3 copies of each sent so a total of 1260 initially sent out over beta running from 4-10 hours in runtime.

Remember times listed are estimates only...and are subject to change without notice :)

-Uplinger

Edit: Updated title.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by uplinger at Jan 6, 2010 7:53:17 PM]
[Jan 4, 2010 8:23:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
toss
Senior Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:
Re: Teaser for another Beta. DDD2 type B

Will this round have high RAM requirements as the last lot did?
My old Socket A boxes only have 512 so didn't qualify last time.

Cheers
[Jan 5, 2010 12:32:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Project Badges:

right now i'm running a pair in alpha on my linux box and they appear to have a lot less requirements for memory. We may decide to keep the memory requirements the same for the BETA until we can get a better idea of what the memory requirements are on a broader range of molecules.

19194 boinc 39 19 373m 26m 2292 R 100 1.1 528:51.25 wcg_beta10_char
19076 boinc 39 19 373m 27m 2296 R 99 1.1 561:01.90 wcg_beta10_char

Virtual is under 400MB, and physical is less than 30 MB...which is pretty good. But again, we'll need to see when we get a broader range of molecules. At this point I don't see why we won't lower the memory requirements on type B's. But I'm not going to guarentee we don't leave the settings high just to be on the safe side.

So to answer your question, maybe...
-Uplinger
[Jan 5, 2010 2:14:46 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
toss
Senior Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Thanks for your response.

Although the teasing is bordering on cruelty!
;-)
[Jan 5, 2010 3:25:29 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

didnt get any of the last beta's ... hopefully i will get at least one of these new ones

[Jan 5, 2010 6:40:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

24 hours have passed. Lets hope that means 0-24 hours left until blast off.
[Jan 5, 2010 9:15:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
I need a bath
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I hope it doesn't happen in the middle of the night because then I will miss all the excitement!

[Jan 5, 2010 9:27:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Project Badges:

We are waiting on one work unit in alpha to complete, the others have all looked good so far. Due to the time it is right now, the launch will have to wait until tomorrow when hopefully this work unit will be returned.

Thanks for being patient.

-Uplinger
[Jan 5, 2010 10:22:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I hope it doesn't happen in the middle of the night because then I will miss all the excitement!

It's always the middle of the night for somebody. They usually start them about 4-5am my time. (Daylight savings now, so maybe an hour later this time.) Right now would be a fine time for the beta to start. smile
[Jan 6, 2010 12:04:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

I'm trolling for beta's but the phishing is not very good. laughing biggrin laughing
cowboy

[Jan 6, 2010 7:11:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 369   Pages: 37   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread