Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 369
Posts: 369   Pages: 37   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 56339 times and has 368 replies Next Thread
widdershins
Veteran Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Teaser for another Beta. DDD2 type B

Phew, I was lucky this time and snared some, my intel atom powered fileserver has picked up three - with no help from me. cool
[Jan 6, 2010 9:11:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

yeah, crunching on my first 2 betas
[Jan 6, 2010 9:12:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
petehardy
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Got 3, all should finish in 2 to 3 hours
----------------------------------------

"Patience is a virtue", I can't wait to learn it!
[Jan 6, 2010 9:18:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pirogue
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

pirogue, it is just luck...there is no requirement on agent version. By now though I believe all the work units have been sent out.
-Uplinger

I figured as much. When I first saw your "beta going out" message about 10 minutes after it was posted, I started bumping my queue up from .1 to .15 to .20, etc. and didn't manage to get any this time.

I thought it might have been a client version issue.

I'll try to be more attentive in the future.

[Jan 6, 2010 9:22:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I got zero. 14 cores on 5 machines. XP, 7, Fedora 11/12. Just got the Forum Watch email about 21:15 (UTC)... looked over the logs in BoincView and they had been checking right along about every 10-15 minutes, but for some reason one checked at 19:15, then none of them checked again until 21:20. Apparently by then they were all gone.
[Jan 6, 2010 9:41:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: DDD2 Type B work units going out.

Well I'm doing my part to be sure all get a beta this round as I only snagged one:
BETA_ erlc_ a058_ pe0000_ 0-- and it looks like a good one with a BOINC ETA of 22+ hours but likely sooner smile
[Jan 6, 2010 9:45:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Coleslaw
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I got zip. Maybe some will trickle my way soon.

[Jan 6, 2010 10:10:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hunterkasy
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I ended up with 24 beta's the first one went out as a error, it looks like they will take 11hrs each, only one of my machines got them, my dual core. the way I got so many is, when I read that they were planning on sending out some beta's in 24-48hrs, I created a new profile for my fastest computer I have it connect every .1 days, I set the buffer to 9 days, I deselected my current project and selected 1 that is intermittent. and made sure the beta option is selected. and I just have been watching the beta threads waiting for a announcement, and when one came I just kept on clicking on the update button in the boinc.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hunterkasy at Jan 6, 2010 10:18:31 PM]
[Jan 6, 2010 10:17:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
I need a bath
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

With a Write to Disk setting of 150 seconds, they checkpoint nicely every 3 minutes or so, but after 37 minutes CPU time only showing 2.6% progress is signaling long-er run times for the 4 snagged. 33mb ram, 385mb VM, unchanged. The To Completion times are continuously counting up.

How can you tell they are checkpointing every 3 min? And how do you know what your write to disk setting is?
THanks-

BTW I have 2 on two computers running and the estimated time remaining is wacky. It goes up. It goes down. The percent completed does march steadily upward though.

[Jan 6, 2010 10:29:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Are any of you that are getting beta units running 6.10.18 or is everyone running the 6.2.28 client?

There's no client limitation, but the 750MB RAM requirement for WUs which use 30MB physical RAM is rather restrictive. (... and, I would think, means that a proportion of machine types may not be in the beta, which may defeat the purpose of a beta test.)
[Jan 6, 2010 11:29:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 369   Pages: 37   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread