Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 201
Posts: 201   Pages: 21   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 57383 times and has 200 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: This is for bbover and the IBM guys ..

Dave, you are a big daft Irishman with a pie on your ear. I mean you are a pioneer mate. good luck laughing
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 4, 2010 9:59:39 PM]
[Mar 4, 2010 9:28:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Movieman
Veteran Cruncher

Dave, you are a big daft Irishman with a pie in your ear. I mean you are a pioneer mate. good luck laughing

I resemble that remark! biggrin
Seriously, I'm just someone who was born in a time before computers and has always been fascinated by the tecnology and then saw the potentials of trying to get as much computational power tossed into research to kill off these diseases.
You sit back as you get older and wonder what can you do for the next generation. It's not wanting to leave a mark so much as wanting to do something positive for them.
So to me it's a win-win.
I do what I think is positive and also get to play with the new tech.

[Mar 4, 2010 10:02:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Great stuff ! That is some serious bit of kit that you are experimenting with there. cool

When I looked over at the xtreme site and saw the "The "Oh My, Look Who Has Pie" Thread, I was sure that was about you though. laughing wink
[Mar 4, 2010 10:38:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hypernova
Master Cruncher
Audaces Fortuna Juvat ! Vaud - Switzerland
Project Badges:

Seriously, I'm just someone who was born in a time before computers and has always been fascinated by the tecnology and then saw the potentials of trying to get as much computational power tossed into research to kill off these diseases.
You sit back as you get older and wonder what can you do for the next generation. It's not wanting to leave a mark so much as wanting to do something positive for them.
So to me it's a win-win.

Couldn't have said this better. applause
I am lucky enough to have reached a point in my life where I can afford to spend some hard earned money for the profit of others that need it. But instead of just writing a cheque, to build something that is useful to others, that is one of the things that adds sense to our short existence, and makes it even more enjoyable. As you said Movieman, the perfect win-win.

[Mar 4, 2010 10:50:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Dave, I hope you soon get all of that beast the way you want it. I will certainly be having a wee look now and again. :Thumbsup: (Not that I could ever afford it). smile
[Mar 5, 2010 10:33:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Movieman
Veteran Cruncher

So to me it's a win-win.

I am lucky enough to have reached a point in my life where I can afford to spend some hard earned money for the profit of others that need it. But instead of just writing a cheque, to build something that is useful to others, that is one of the things that adds sense to our short existence, and makes it even more enjoyable. As you said Movieman, the perfect win-win.

Well I'm at that same point but unfortunately my money went to two ex wives so except for making some lucky connections i wouldn't be in this situation.
Watch that thread as I can tell you know it will be one heck* of a build with essentially the best parts that money can't buy.
The day Intel's NDA expires I'll have some numbers that will really shock you. wink

*edited for profanity - ErikaT

[Edit 1 times, last edit by ErikaT at Mar 8, 2010 2:16:41 PM]
[Mar 5, 2010 10:59:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GIBA
Ace Cruncher

So to me it's a win-win.

Well I'm at that same point but unfortunately my money went to two ex wives so except for making some lucky connections i wouldn't be in this situation.
Watch that thread as I can tell you know it will be one heck* of a build with essentially the best parts that money can't buy.
The day Intel's NDA expires I'll have some numbers that will really shock you. wink

Movieman,
I wonder get someday your secret contact inside Intel... biggrin tongue cool peace coffee

Cheers ! GIB@ peace coffee
Join BRASIL - BRAZIL@GRID team and be very happy !
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=DF99KT5DN1

[Edit 1 times, last edit by ErikaT at Mar 8, 2010 2:24:23 PM]
[Mar 5, 2010 11:48:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Movieman
Veteran Cruncher

So to me it's a win-win.

Movieman,
I wonder get someday your secret contact inside Intel... biggrin tongue cool peace coffee

Honestly I have no secret contacts inside Intel and have never received anything from them.
That's God's truth.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by ErikaT at Mar 8, 2010 2:25:11 PM]
[Mar 6, 2010 11:17:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I can't wait for the NDA to expire as I want to hear it all. I would be in heaven to build a 4 socket 6 or 8 core monster to crunch here.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Mar 7, 2010 4:50:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Movieman
Veteran Cruncher

EVGA W555 board is here and running.
All the parts made it here Friday, built and tested over the weekend.
Numbers and pics tomorrow afternoon over at XS in the WCG forum.
I suggest you skip thru the thread, it got long..LOL
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246135
Oh, if you had any doubts, it is a beast.
Fastest dualie I've ever seen. biggrin

[Mar 16, 2010 4:05:07 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 201   Pages: 21   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread