Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1130
Posts: 1130   Pages: 113   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 358549 times and has 1129 replies Next Thread
JEklund
Advanced Cruncher
Finland
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile Re: It's raining Dengue, Hallelujah!

These Popcorn Work Units are driving me crazy. I am starting to miss the Type As

I still dont have any luck, so I miss any kind of WU's

26.3.2010 22:59:54 World Community Grid Message from server: No work can be sent for the applications you have selected
26.3.2010 22:59:54 World Community Grid Message from server: No work is available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2 (Type A)
26.3.2010 22:59:54 World Community Grid Message from server: You have selected to receive work from other applications if no work is available for the applications you selected
26.3.2010 22:59:54 World Community Grid Message from server: Sending work from other applications

Better luck hopefully next time :-)

Is there any hope to get WU, so are those still pouring in or are we now back to the "dry times" ..

'-- Lundi -- ( singing in the rain ..)
----------------------------------------

[Mar 26, 2010 9:05:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: It's raining Dengue, Hallelujah!

Just keep a check mark for these units as well as another project to keep the puter busy. They will come.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Mar 26, 2010 9:11:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
I need a bath
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

OMG! Music videos have come a long way!

[Mar 26, 2010 9:15:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NigelMorton
Advanced Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Unfortunately, my netbook has been taking 10 hours on the type Cs. Oops.

[Mar 26, 2010 9:22:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Randzo
Senior Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

JEklund
there was work during your dowload :-)
No work at thist time there are 2 messages about no work for DDDT2 first for A type second for B,C:
21. 3. 2010 15:10:10|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work sent
21. 3. 2010 15:10:10|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work is available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2
21. 3. 2010 15:10:10|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work is available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2 (Type A)
21. 3. 2010 15:10:10|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your settings on the website.

But in your case there was only one message for A type so the other B,C were nearby :-)

If you see this 26. 3. 2010 0:24:01|World Community Grid|Message from server: (there was work but it was committed to other platforms)

there is actually work but not right now maybe in few seconds will be. so keep trying
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Randzo at Mar 26, 2010 9:40:31 PM]
[Mar 26, 2010 9:39:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

This line as explained by knreed represents the absence of B/C work,

Message from server: No work is available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2

Only the A types feed has the addition to identify that more rare type. It is unique as it is that a single research project has 2 feeders, which was necessary to be able to regulate the work assignments.

One thing I do not know is if devices not qualifying [not highly reliable] get the A-Type line.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Mar 26, 2010 9:59:53 PM]
[Mar 26, 2010 9:57:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
applause Re: It's raining Dengue, Hallelujah!

Bless you!
I was worried nobody was picking up on the pun I intended when I started this topic dancing
[Mar 27, 2010 12:18:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Wrong forum , we have a jokes thread in the chat room

thanks
[Mar 27, 2010 12:28:05 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Wrong forum , we have a jokes thread in the chat room

thanks

No, it doesn't belong in the joke forum because it's not a joke. It is a just (what struck me as) a witty title for a perfectly appropriate thread.

As I saw some WUs come in at last, it was exactly what I said to myself. Then I thought the line was too good to keep to myself. Plus I was bursting with an exuberance I wanted to share that no non-cruncher could possible understand. devilish

And I notice that the "raining" metaphor has been pretty useful for subsequent posters. Especially since the DDDT2 project is sure like the weather - e.g. ocassional showers. cool
[Mar 27, 2010 12:59:58 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

uplinger used the waterfall metaphor first... if it does not rain at the head of the river, the waterfall will run dry too.

shower? Well think it was more like a torrential flood that flushed into my quad buffers, all variations of child results in the blue and green range... that Silver badge basket is floating to my estuary :P
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Mar 27, 2010 1:07:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 1130   Pages: 113   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread