Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 269
Posts: 269   Pages: 27   [ Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 144161 times and has 268 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Hardware - Technology - news

What Green Technology Could Save the World?

Synthetic food? Perfect solar harvesting? What is the ultimate green invention?

Google, Lighting Science to Create Android Bulb
A Wi-Fi bulb that relies on existing hardware? Home, and even office, networking suddenly looks less expensive. Will it redraw the competitive landscape?......
[May 17, 2011 2:01:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Android handsets 'leak' personal data
More than 99% of Android phones are potentially leaking data that, if stolen, could be used to get the information they store online...
[May 17, 2011 2:24:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

France Halts ‘Three Strikes’ IP-Address Collection After Data Leak

The French government’s “three strikes” approach to online copyright infringement relies on a private company that scans file sharing networks and gathers the IP addresses of alleged Gallic content pirates. But that company, TMG, suffered an embarrassing security breach last week, and the French government has “temporarily suspended” its acquisition of new TMG data while an investigation is underway.....
[May 18, 2011 3:28:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

[May 24, 2011 6:40:44 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Microsoft unveils Windows 8

So... Redmond is apparently saying this is going to run on "everything" and is built around touch, while still letting cavemen use a keyboard and mouse... confused
[Jun 2, 2011 2:35:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

----------------------------------------

[Jun 2, 2011 2:13:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

That is an amazingly interesting article. These are the people working on the edge of the fringe of known science. I don't pretend to understand it , the the implications if they can get it to work are mind-boggling.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jun 2, 2011 2:50:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:

Very enlightening article. Way beyond my pay grade. biggrin

BTW Dataman, what are you up to these days?
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Jun 2, 2011 3:21:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks folks , let´s continue ..

Hidden

When you activate tracking, Hidden will locate your stolen computer anywhere on the planet, collect photos of the thief and screen shots of the computer in use.
[Jun 2, 2011 4:10:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

Thanks SJ, nano & JP. Yes the concept is difficult to understand but such is the nature of Physics. Actually, D-Wave Systems, Inc has an operational machine and has sold two; one to NASA’s JPL and one to Lockheed Martin. There is a lot of buzz about whether or not it actually works.
http://www.crazyengineers.com/lockheed-martin...stems-for-10-million-429/
http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hardware/l...-does-not-quantum-compute
If you have an extra $10 million USD, you might want to try it for computational computing. biggrin
If you want a very good book on what’s happing now in Physics, I HIGHLY recommend “The Trouble with Physics” by Lee Smolin. http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B003O5RZEM
What am I up to? We are planning to take the RV and go “walk-about” this fall. We plan to answer the question as to whether or not she and I can stand to be together 24/7. (hahaha) As with any large project, each time I get one task done to get ready ... I add two more tasks to the list. I’ve not had much time to do very much crunching as of late. crying

peace

EDIT: The photo of the machine is a bit misleading. It is about 15 feet tall.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dataman at Jun 2, 2011 5:21:47 PM]
[Jun 2, 2011 5:17:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 269   Pages: 27   [ Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread