Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 95
Posts: 95   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9285 times and has 94 replies Next Thread
GIBA
Ace Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Still no Wu's...

Be aware that there are some Type C WU's being distributed away today.

All are repair jobs/replicas from original distributions, and spent around 28 minutes to be finished (the small ones I got until now).

Got some this morning and more one just 2 hours ago.

Good luck ! good luck coffee
----------------------------------------
Cheers ! GIB@ peace coffee
Join BRASIL - BRAZIL@GRID team and be very happy !
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=DF99KT5DN1

[Apr 5, 2010 6:41:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
I need a bath
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

and someone got an "A" today as one of my wingpeople didn't reply...

[Apr 5, 2010 6:48:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I've had 5 "C" WUs go out/going out for the same thing - no response from the wingmen and I've gotten two of those repair jobs myself in the last day or so

Jean - The quick return of the type A & B units was a side benefit of the "limit 1 per core". I'm sure I am not the only who either waited for repair on a "no-show" wingman or the WU came in just before the deadline ( as evidence above). Of the 4 type A's I've gotten, 3 were validated more or less after the deadline).
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Apr 5, 2010 6:56:41 PM]
[Apr 5, 2010 6:51:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I have not received any WUs since March 23, and I have changed my cache to 0.5 days on all 4 machines in the hopes that I would see new work more readily. Nothing so far. I have been getting WUs for two other projects, but only a total of two for DDDT2. Is there anything else I have to do since DDDT2 is the only project I have as my primary project. I have BOINC set to get work from other projects if none is available for DDDT2.
[Apr 5, 2010 7:11:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

is a good thing only "reliable" machines are getting dddt-2, with their help, it seems there are more "repair/no reply" than production wu for this project
[Apr 5, 2010 7:53:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GIBA
Ace Cruncher

All repairs jobs that I got until now, started immediately as High priority and at front of any other projects WU's.

I used to set machines to get at most 2 days of additional work buffer days (cache), so all WU's are processed / returned with around less than 2 days interval.

I just downloaded WU's from other project and left the machine hanging to try get DDDT2 WU's for the rest of buffer available. It is my simple method, and aren't a secret for anyone. Hope that it can help. coffee
Cheers ! GIB@ peace coffee
Join BRASIL - BRAZIL@GRID team and be very happy !
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=DF99KT5DN1

[Apr 5, 2010 8:07:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Coleslaw
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

JmBoullier - No I didn't know they changed Beta like that. I'm glad to hear it. Maybe that is why I finally got a Beta WU when they released HCC. I also agree this is how they should distribute DDDT-2 WU's. It definitely gives more people a chance and cuts down on the hogs. I know a Macbook I fixed and borged for someone picked up WU's for DDDT-2 almost immediately and hadn't done much work to gain reliability, but that is just how it goes I guess. The funny part is that I had to wait the entire duration for them to validate due to Cache hoggers.

[Apr 5, 2010 8:29:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hello astrolab.

Reference: Your [Apr 4, 2010 11:09:01 PM] post

Why don't you make your own community grid? Make the following text as its guiding philosophy:
The Customers of thisCommunityGrid are the Scientists. You the cruncher are not the Customer. The Scientists are who thisCommunityGrid needs to make happy. We are the volunteers and while it is in the best interests of thisCommunityGrid to have happy volunteers, our happiness is no better than third place, after the Techs.
To make it even more attractive to volunteers to join your idea of a community grid, add the text that I left out from your post.

I'm sure gazillions of suckers, er.., volunteers, will come to your community grid.

;
Edit: corrected a spelling error.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Apr 11, 2010 6:50:57 AM]
[Apr 9, 2010 6:43:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Wow making it personal goes nowhere! andzgrid to me you have every right to say what you believe but in the end it is opinion not fact. I for one disagree with your opinion. What good is a grid if no one participates. As a scientist I understand the potentially extremely frustrating nature of research to those not experianced in it. As a community we need to work together and TRY to satisfy all involved as much as possible. What is the down side to helping crunchers better understand whats going on and making them feel part of the process?
[Apr 10, 2010 8:12:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JEklund
Advanced Cruncher
Finland
Project Badges:

I got about 20 WU's to my four machine about 6 hours ago .. So there is hope for small crunchers like me to get WU's .. If I understood knreed or other technicians right there will be more WU's in monday ..

'-- Lundi --

[Apr 10, 2010 8:24:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 95   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread