Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14016 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
smmaks
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Size of the WU

What's the size of one WU?. I need to manage my profiles because i had some problems with thе traffic crunching DDDT2 )))
[Aug 23, 2010 5:29:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Size of the WU

1 of these WU seems to be about the size of 1 HCC
----------------------------------------

[Aug 23, 2010 5:34:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Per help the requirements are 400 MB RAM+VM and 100MB disk storage: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewSearch.do?searchString=water

From real windows Task Manager View it shows 95MB peak RAM after 55 minutes (21%) and 111 MB of VM use. This is Per Concurrent process of course.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Aug 23, 2010 5:39:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
smmaks
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I mean not RAM or HDD size, but the size of the file that I download.
[Aug 23, 2010 5:45:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

That's on the same linked page. 10MB 1 time, then 0.001MB per task and 0.5MB for upload.
[Aug 23, 2010 5:47:40 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sk..
Master Cruncher
http://s17.rimg.info/ccb5d62bd3e856cc0d1df9b0ee2f7f6a.gif
Project Badges:

I'm seeing 12.06MB files and 2MB files downloading, along with several smaller files. I also saw more than one 12.06MB file being downloaded on the same system. Perhaps its a one off per task group?
[Aug 23, 2010 9:05:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

What you see in BOINC is uncompressed. Maybe that's the difference?

Yup: The TFM Reading trap
Each of the research projects at World Community Grid uses a different application, input files and output files. As a result, the size used for each of these varies by project. This is outlined on the chart below. Please note that the data is compressed during transfer and is decompressed after it has been downloaded. As a result it will occupy more space on disk then the numbers shown below.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Aug 23, 2010 9:15:53 PM]
[Aug 23, 2010 9:13:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

I'm seeing 12.06MB files and 2MB files downloading, along with several smaller files. I also saw more than one 12.06MB file being downloaded on the same system. Perhaps its a one off per task group?

It is one 13MB file per task group. However, each task group has 1 million workunits.

After you download the application version files and the input file for the task group then no more files are required for download until the next task group.
[Aug 23, 2010 9:34:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sk..
Master Cruncher
http://s17.rimg.info/ccb5d62bd3e856cc0d1df9b0ee2f7f6a.gif
Project Badges:

Thanks,
[Aug 23, 2010 11:05:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

After you download the application version files and the input file for the task group then no more files are required for download until the next task group.
Ah yes, very smart: all parameters are in the command line. As can be seen at the top of the Result Log.

Another information: Checkpoints are taken every 1.666 %, i.e. 60 possible checkpoints per WU.

C4CW looks like another interesting project for smaller/slower machines and for frequently closed notebooks and netbooks..
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Aug 24, 2010 12:21:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread