Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2370
Posts: 2370   Pages: 237   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 312166 times and has 2369 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New thread for It's raining Dengue, Hallelujah!...

I want to start this new thread so we can more easily keep track when new rain has been started for DDDT2. I need to look at the contents page for the forum to see if new rain has been started.
[Aug 29, 2010 5:50:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher
biggrin Re: New thread for It's raining Dengue, Hallelujah!...

Good practice is to do the homework first and link to the old thread so people can locate past words and all the side-branch topics... and of course drop a note in the old thread so folk know there's a new one in case they've bookmarked that one.

There's been indication by uplinger here that any day now a new spill will be arriving from the North. Medium low barometric pressure, with a humid luke warm front from the west on collision course, but if passing each other at different altitudes and rubbing up possibly causing some thunder and it could end up that the flood only hits locally, before the current day reaches the date line change.

edit: insert link
----------------------------------------
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Aug 29, 2010 11:40:08 PM]
[Aug 29, 2010 6:00:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
widdershins
Veteran Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: New thread for It's raining Dengue, Hallelujah!...

I'm a bit low on DDT2 WU's now, only a handful left, but for me it's perfect timing. My Q6600 is sounding a bit rough, at midnight or so it will run out of DDT2 WU's and I'll be taking it out of service for some TLC before it fails (and by the sound of it, a new fan will be needed).

Hopefully I'll get it sorted tomorrow and be ready for the next downpour.
[Aug 29, 2010 10:52:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
evilkats
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I'm a bit low on DDT2 WU's now, only a handful left, but for me it's perfect timing. My Q6600 is sounding a bit rough, at midnight or so it will run out of DDT2 WU's and I'll be taking it out of service for some TLC before it fails (and by the sound of it, a new fan will be needed).

Hopefully I'll get it sorted tomorrow and be ready for the next downpour.

I am running on empty too. Only one PC has enough WUs for 1 full day. I think that we were given a hint that a new rain is likely to start in a week or two. Type A are resource heavy though, so you need a reliable PC to run them.

[Aug 29, 2010 11:26:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

28 cpu days to gold... catching drops as they show up while mostly running water.

i figure next rain i might grab enough to make gold and then hang out at gold till WU's become more normal rate

[Aug 30, 2010 1:35:52 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Good practice is to do the homework first and link to the old thread so people can locate past words and all the side-branch topics... and of course drop a note in the old thread so folk know there's a new one in case they've bookmarked that one.

Thanks for the "good practice" INFO Sek. I was having a bit of a problem with the size of the old file and I don't know if I could locate all of the references you describe. What I tried to do instead was to give the thread a name which would help to indicate what it is an extension of.

Your weather forecasting helps to bring us all up to date on new WUs to be available for DDDt2. I really appreciate all the work being done to provide new work via hurricane, flood, or just a good downpour.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Aug 30, 2010 4:02:54 AM]
[Aug 30, 2010 4:01:34 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

For statistics, the cumulative WUs from the almost completed last rain series is 429,832. Yesterday someone posted he'd still had 24 hours worth crunching on one of his rigs, so suspect there's still thousands to return or find wingman. Got one repair job even when the project mix is 4 ways. Getting lots and lots of No Reply repairs these last few days... not good! Please abort if you think you cant make it within the deadline or redundant extra copies are send out and some tasks being computed 3 times instead of the needed 2.

thanks

For the recent history, a blatant , the DDDT2 Performance Chart shows how the rain came down and when heaviest (with new background borrowed from WCG homepage)... the ugliest mossie on the planet looking like one sitting on the tip of your nose while squinting at the moon.

edit: My duo has a power magnetic attraction for these repairs... on other one already running 4:15 hours. biggrin

1386 World Community Grid 30-08-2010 12:35:16 [checkpoint_debug] result ts05_b075_pr89b0_2 checkpointed
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sekerob at Aug 30, 2010 10:38:16 AM]
[Aug 30, 2010 10:35:03 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I expect there will be resends this whole week as computers with too larger a cache time out to no reply.

i got 3 repairs yesterday i think.

I think the problem we got with all these are the semi unattended machines that have a cache set for 5+ days... if they got some of the sr's or such first (about a run time of 1 hour on my computer) then there computer decided to grab more since it saw them as all 1 hour work units then if they got abunch of PR and PQ's (4-5 hour each) the computer would grab enough of those thinking 1 hour each then bang once it starts to get to those the computer has 20+ days worth of work instead of 5 days.

unfortunately thats one of the things you get when people have computers they cant get to daily (or check daily) they put up biger caches... so even with a 3 day cache the same thing could have happened.

[Aug 30, 2010 2:01:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
uplinger
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

New rain is on the way...in London right now and I'm going to build some more type C and a few type B work units for ts05. Should be about 30,000 work units before replication. You should see some later today.

Enjoy!
-Uplinger
[Aug 31, 2010 8:33:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nasher
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

yea more rain..

always nice to know when to put out the buckets

[Aug 31, 2010 12:22:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 2370   Pages: 237   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread