Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2370
Posts: 2370   Pages: 237   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 360929 times and has 2369 replies Next Thread
I need a bath
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New thread for It's raining Dengue, Hallelujah!...

I doesn't matter what cache is set at. If only DDT2 is checked you will get tasks. I didn't stay up all night clicking but I still got some.
I got 2 a half hour ago. I have tried updating sometimes but it doesn't seem to help much- not worth the effort.
----------------------------------------

[Sep 2, 2010 12:30:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

In need of a bath,

In case you know, which I'm sure you do, for the new arrivals who don't read from the top of the threads: The research weight is set to 1 which means that in backfilling the hopper it gets lowest priority, hence the gaps and the much longer trickle supply so that anyone giving their clients manual therapy would get them, but not big swats but over a much longer period so those who just have random work calls have a random chance too... fetch call at right time. I just set my quad and duo to only fetch Dengue and in the morning there was originally 24 days worth, but quite a few have run so quick that after 1 day, that cache shrunk considerably and it probably being done by Saturday. I've let the C-Sx types run first, the shorties in the set. PV jail is again chock and block.
WCG Global & Research > Make Proposal Help: Start Here!
Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for All!
[Sep 2, 2010 12:58:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
I need a bath
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

It's true it's random and low probability, but my cache's have stayed mostly full with just DDDT2 selected. None have run out entirely. Maybe I'm just lucky?
I have 7 pages of PV now, 6 of them DDDT2.

[Sep 2, 2010 2:07:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Somervillejudson@netscape.net
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Yes, I have been recieving a constant steady trickle of DDDT-2 WU's with about 2-3 days of work in the cache which has been constant for the past several days. Yes my PV is at 6 pages after the new units came out as mt cache was about empty.
[Sep 2, 2010 4:51:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

Yeah right, balming blaming the weathergods for the demise of my RAP devilish :

By my own reckoning still delivering work at the efficiency rate of 95% out of 24 hours in a day.
[Sep 2, 2010 4:55:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

It doesn't make much difference how much rain there is if the cache has been filled with other WUs. I have all of my caches filled filled with C4CW work units with the exception of a few DDDT2 WUs that made it in because I had both checked. I have just deselected C4CW so any new WUs will be for DDDT2 if there is any rain. I will have to monitor to make sure I don't run out of work.
[Sep 2, 2010 7:36:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jack007
Master Cruncher
CANADA
Project Badges:

been 6 hours since i've gotten a new WU...
but i've been wrong before (crosses fingers)

[Sep 3, 2010 1:20:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You guys have at it; I'm turning it back off again. :-)

I experimented a little and put my 2 slowest single-core windows machines on DDDT2 and that produces much better results... the WU's that were crunching 4 at a time in 40-50 minutes on the quads running fedora now take 4 to 8 hours, so they only need to download a few per day. Plus it seems those don't always need to download the full 18MB for every WU like the linux boxes do. Downloading >GB for a little over 2-days of crunching credit is oinkin' crazy.

Of course, if they ever got a type A it would probably run overtime by a few days. My points and results are both over a thousand ranks ahead of CPU time, so I think I'll just bump up those slowpokes' caches a couple days and leave it like that for a while. cool
[Sep 3, 2010 3:58:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sekerob
Ace Cruncher

There's a table on your machine that gets send with a full work unit so sometimes the client when asking for work is just told to pick a seed from that table when it was not already assigned to another client. Saves bandwidth. Several sciences of WCG have that 'skill'. You'll see in you message log something like asked for X, got Y units, and then no actual WU download, but a magical appearance in the Tasks panel.

Hail the Techs :D
[Sep 3, 2010 4:09:38 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
eviltoad
Senior Cruncher
Australia
Project Badges:

I've actually seen that happen and wondered about it.
Cool.

[Sep 3, 2010 6:10:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 2370   Pages: 237   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread