Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8802 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
GPV_FR
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Mac OS X : Beta - The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 Strange Behavior

Hi,
On my Mac Pro 2010 under OS X (v10.6.4), Beta - The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 had a strange behavior.
This project is not multi threaded, but when a "Beta - The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2" task is running, no others cpu tasks are allowed to run and only one cpu thread is used.
When I suspend The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 task, others cpu tasks are restarted and all cpu threads are used.
----------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by GPV_FR at Nov 3, 2010 2:45:17 AM]
[Nov 3, 2010 2:29:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mwgiii
Advanced Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Re: Mac OS X : Beta - The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 Strange Behavior

Hi GPV.

Nothing strange going on. CEP has a default to only run 1 task at a time. See the Sticky above your post for a complete explanation.

Here is a direct link to the thread:
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,30182

And just FYI. The Mods/Techs around here like Beta questions posted in the Beta forum.

[Nov 3, 2010 5:09:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

It would have been better to post problems regarding to betas in the Beta Testing forum, or (for this particular beta testing) the BETA Clean Energy Project phase 2 version 6.35 thread in that forum smile

Maybe an Admin could move/merge this thread to the beta testing forum/the said thread in that forum?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Nov 3, 2010 5:11:52 AM]
[Nov 3, 2010 5:11:19 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

Hi,
On my Mac Pro 2010 under OS X (v10.6.4), Beta - The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 had a strange behavior.
This project is not multi threaded, but when a "Beta - The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2" task is running, no others cpu tasks are allowed to run and only one cpu thread is used.
When I suspend The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2 task, others cpu tasks are restarted and all cpu threads are used.

Don't know anything about Mac's, but while you'll only run one CEP2 if you've not changed your preferences, this shouldn't normally stop you from running other tasks alongside it (assuming it's multi-core).

One possibility is you're short on ram, and if CEP2 uses "too much", other tasks must "wait on memory". Depending on BOINC's ram-settings, it's possible increasing the % memory allowed to use then active (or idle) can get something to run alongside CEP2.

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Nov 3, 2010 6:00:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread