Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 92
Posts: 92   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 47699 times and has 91 replies Next Thread
Juha Seppinen
Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Clean Energy Project phase 2 Mac and Windows Released

Great to see the project finally running on Windows! I just got my gold badge for C4CW and will now start crunching CEP2.

Only one problem...
I had crunched about 20% through my first CEP2 workunit on a windows machine. I then rebooted the computer and oh noes! The WU started over.

Are there no checkpoints for CEP2 workunits or what the heck is causing this sort of behavior? I had the same issue while trying to run C4CW on a netbook. Other projects continued just fine after the reboot...
[Nov 12, 2010 6:45:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deltavee
Ace Cruncher
Texas Hill Country
Project Badges:

This has happened to me too. There are checkpoints, but some are very long.
----------------------------------------

[Nov 12, 2010 6:52:59 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
littlepeaks
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Are there no checkpoints for CEP2 workunits or what the heck is causing this sort of behavior? I had the same issue while trying to run C4CW on a netbook. Other projects continued just fine after the reboot...

I noticed, that with the latest WCG recommended version of BOINC (6.10.58), if you click on "properties" button in the left hand menu, when the active task is highlighted, it will give you "CPU time at last checkpoint", and "CPU time". So, this should help you estimate when the last checkpoint occurred.
[Nov 12, 2010 7:35:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

For those having problems getting some of these wu's, here is what I did. Changed my settings to only CEP2, then I did an update. But after the first batch downloaded, I clicked on no more wu's so I wouldn't get allot of them. I then went back into settings and put the restriction on. I want to see if these validate before committing 100%.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Nov 13, 2010 2:24:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

I’ve been running 40 cores (38 CEP2 + 2 CPDN) and 5 cards (3 GPUGrid on one PC + 2 Milkyway on another) to test CEP2 on my setup. I’ve found CEP2 crunches well with the GPU jobs and is rather efficient (CEP2 CPU + GPU CPU ~ 100%). The disk gets hammered when multiples start at once but soon settles down. The problem, of course, is bandwidth. For all practical purposes, I had to just turn the DSL network over to BOINC and use the handheld wireless for my use. However over time, they did reach a sort of equilibrium where most of the time the network could keep up with them. Since GPUGrid has big files too there we some collisions there too. All-in-all, there were less problems than I expected and no errors. I’ve reset everything back to one/machine this morning as I need my bandwidth back ( biggrin I hate those small screens and tiny keys on a handheld biggrin ).
I’ll mention again that for anyone running more than one machine, headless machines, multiple monitors and especially if you mange machines in remote locations you should try a copy of BoincTasks. It’s free, easy to config and uninstalls nicely if you don’t like it. It has become indispensible for me. peace
Cheers and crunch on … coffee

cowboy

[Nov 13, 2010 4:18:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bearcat
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

CEP2 sucks my bandwidth up so bad if I crunch it at 100%. Was hoping they would make another change on how we get the wu's. 1 or full blast doesn't work for me. 40 cores, are these between 2 machines? Hyperthreading included? Going to be awhile for me to get my blue badge for this project.
Crunching for humanity since 2007!

[Nov 13, 2010 10:43:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dataman
Ace Cruncher
Project Badges:

40 cores, are these between 2 machines? Hyperthreading included?

That was on 5 hyperthreaded machines.

[Nov 13, 2010 11:47:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I noticed, that with the latest WCG recommended version of BOINC (6.10.58), if you click on "properties" button in the left hand menu, when the active task is highlighted, it will give you "CPU time at last checkpoint", and "CPU time". So, this should help you estimate when the last checkpoint occurred.

Thanks, that's good info to know! Get my first CEP2 badge (running windows only here). smile
[Nov 15, 2010 5:42:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Allen008
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I'm running on a Mac, and my last job wasn't added to my stats. crying

[Nov 16, 2010 3:06:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Allen008
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

CEP2 for the Mac has been running smoothly for the past week. I just got my bronze. I'm letting CEP2 stay bronze while I focus on some of the older projects.

[Nov 24, 2010 2:15:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 92   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread