Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 628
Posts: 628   Pages: 63   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 214714 times and has 627 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
'Globe update recognition thread'

Getting it started...

This thread is for those who have the Snurky signature.

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,29840

The intent is for you to post your current Globe status, what globe you are working for, and how long it may take you to get there. Once you get there, post your accomplishment here.

My first goal for the globe is to hit 3 years of run time/project.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Feb 12, 2011 4:35:35 PM]
[Jan 24, 2011 7:42:03 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: 'Globe update recognition thread'

Thanks to downtowndan for starting this thread, and an even bigger thanks to SNURK for providing such wonderful signatures.

Below, is a table showing the length of time it'll take people to reach the next Globe level - as shown in the excellent signatures SNURK has very kindly created for us.

...... with 17 projects ........ 18 projects ....... 19 projects ........ 20 projects
Bronze........ 239 days ........... 252 days .......... 266 days ........... 280 days
Silver...... 2.09 years ......... 2.22 years ........ 2.34 years ......... 2.47 years
Gold........ 4.19 years ......... 4.44 years ........ 4.75 years ......... 5 years
Ruby........ 8.38 years ......... 8.88 years ........ 9.5 years ......... 10 years
Emerald.... 17 years ........... 18 years .......... 19 years ........... 20 years
Sapphire... 34 years ........... 36 years .......... 38 years ........... 40 years

Note : SNURK only counts "live" projects (i.e., Beta is NOT included, although IS included in the total run time).
Thus, as of this posting, there are currently 17 projects being counted.

[Jan 24, 2011 2:27:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SNURK
Veteran Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

Thanks for creating this thread. biggrin
I'll be happy to read all about crunchers reaching new globe levels. We're crunching for a good cause, so why not have a bit of fun while doing it.
Now to remind you here's what this thread is all about:

Everyone who's familiar with the WCG badges will recognize the bronze, silver, gold, ruby, emerald and sapphire colors. The color of the globe is determined by the average run time per science project. That's your total run time (including Beta run time) divided by the total number of science projects ever launched here at WCG. At the moment of this post that's 17 projects. The Beta project is not counted as a science project.
I have introduced 2 extra levels above the sapphire level to keep every cruncher happy (and greedy wink ).

Globe's can be found on the forum signature that I created and is available to all crunchers who want one. Request yours in this thread if you like to have one.

Nasher has very kindly created this table that shows how much total run time is needed to reach each new globe, for the current project count of 17, plus for a future project count of 18, 19 and 20:

................. with 17 projects ... 18 projects ... 19 projects ... 20 projects
bronze(14 days): ....... 239 days ...... 252 days ...... 266 days ...... 280 days
silver(45 days): ...... 2.09 years .... 2.22 years .... 2.34 years .... 2.47 years
gold(90 days): ........ 4.19 years .... 4.44 years .... 4.75 years ....... 5 years
ruby(180 days): ....... 8.38 years .... 8.88 years ..... 9.5 years ...... 10 years
emerald(1 year): ........ 17 years ...... 18 years ...... 19 years ...... 20 years
sapphire(2 years): ...... 34 years ...... 36 years ...... 38 years ...... 40 years
III-sapphire(6 years): . 102 years ..... 108 years ..... 114 years ..... 120 years
X-sapphire(20 years): .. 340 years ..... 360 years ..... 380 years ..... 400 years

I'm currently at the gold level, crunching my way towards ruby. I've got a long long way to go, but sure as heck* am I going to reach it.. devilish
Crunch on, and enjoy. peace

*edited to appropriate forum language - ErikaT
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ErikaT at Jan 25, 2011 1:56:38 PM]
[Jan 25, 2011 7:11:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
'Globe update recognition thread'

So my next official globe update will be, "III-sapphire(6 years)" I am currently at almost 3 years, so half way there.
[Jan 27, 2011 7:20:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pcwr
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

My prediction is that I should be turning Gold before the end of the month. shhh

Patrick

[Jan 27, 2011 9:08:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kateiacy
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

What a fun thread! Congratulations to all with brightly colored globes, and huge thanks to Snurk for giving us this additional way to celebrate contributing to science for the benefit of humanity.

My globe turned gold not long ago -- now onward toward ruby.

[Jan 28, 2011 12:28:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

It's going to take me a while to get to the next globe... thinking
[Jan 28, 2011 1:00:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Aaargh, so painful to think that an exciting new project would just keep pushing those globes further away!! crying
[Jan 28, 2011 6:32:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

SNURK, is there a calc in place to keep current "Globe Rank" in place for those on the lip, should a new project be added??? I value my "Globe" and most likely would not lose rank, but can see how some would. reguardless will continue the chase until the end, great sig, keep up the great work.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Jan 28, 2011 7:29:05 AM]
[Jan 28, 2011 7:26:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SNURK
Veteran Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:

In fact there is a warning sign on the sigs of those crunching in the danger zone. It shows a red !, like this unlucky cruncher for instance:

There's 14 in this situation right now.
As long as there's no ! on your sig, you're safe smile
[Jan 28, 2011 7:51:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 628   Pages: 63   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread