Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 230
Posts: 230   Pages: 23   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 56881 times and has 229 replies Next Thread
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Talk of Expected Completion date of HCC

What is the estimated completion date of HCC? confused
----------------------------------------
One of your friends in Texas cowboy
RT Website Hosting

[Jun 22, 2011 12:12:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Talk of Expected Completion date of HCC

Although there are so many variables that can get in the way of an accurate estimate this far out (extra WU's being added, new projects/phases being started, issues with the current flow of WU's etc.), I'm going to stick my finger in the air and say, the 15th of October 2011 will be the day when the last WU is sent out. Then, of course, there'll be the 'retreads' - but that's more guessable...

So, let's see as to how far I am out laughing

[Jun 22, 2011 1:25:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Here is the equation I worked out to figure out when the end date will be. (Link below to show you how it was derived)

(# of days left) = (100/(percent done) - 1)*(# of WU done) / (# of WU per day)

so using Sekerob's chart to fill in the equation you get :

(# of days left) = (100/82.11 - 1)*(168,616,273)/350,000 = 104 days

so around Oct 3rd, assuming we average about 350k WU per day. of course that will drop when HFCC and other projects join.
So Oct 15th is a good estimation

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...18662_lastpage,yes#327406

[Jun 22, 2011 1:54:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:
smile Re: Talk of Expected Completion date of HCC

Here is the equation I worked out to figure out when the end date will be. (Link below to show you how it was derived)

(# of days left) = (100/82.11 - 1)*(168,616,273)/350,000 = 104 days

so around Oct 3rd, assuming we average about 350k WU per day. of course that will drop when HFCC and other projects join.
So Oct 15th is a good estimation

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/...18662_lastpage,yes#327406

Thanks guys. Appreciate the information. One thing you said anhhai that I did not understand. "....HFCC and other projects join." ? What does that mean? HFCC is currently running.

Again Thanks to both you and gb009761!
smile
RT Website Hosting

[Jun 22, 2011 2:16:37 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

HFCC is currently in a 'paused' state - awaiting for the scientists to generate some more WU's for us all to crunch (latest I heard, was that they would be arriving sometime next month).

As to the other projects - well, we've heard rumours that WCG are planning on starting 3 new projects/phases before the end of the year - so, providing that they do manage this, I would imagine that they're working in the backroom, franticly trying to make this come true... Thus, I would imagine that at least 1 will have started before HCC draws to a close.

[Jun 22, 2011 2:30:43 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

To take with a pinch of salt, was developing a more [dare I say] sophisticated model, which includes incorporation of 3 years crunching history to account for things as summer slow down effects and it worked out as 1.5 days later than what the very simple model T currently spits out every 12 hours through the WCG Dashboard chart... late morning hours of Oct.6... cool ] Running various ''what-ifs'' to include GPU launch, but not any work volume changes [not taking severe technical issues either], and I'll leave it at Q4-2011. tongue

--//--

PS, today as of noon it stands at 105 days ''normal'' work flow [Ballpark]. The closer we get to completion, the more accurate the formula homes in, such was the design... whether it then is 10 days left or 8 days left is kind of academic... like complaining about the weather... it's cooler than predicted.
[Jun 22, 2011 1:20:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RT
Master Cruncher
USA - Texas - DFW
Project Badges:

Ahhh... OK... Very good information. I again say Thank You for the good information. Before I posted originally, I had no idea. You have cleared it up... I was after a good idea, not necessarily a precise date. THANK YOU ALL! smile
RT Website Hosting

[Jun 23, 2011 3:58:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Unless something big puts the breaks on, it will be over sooner than later. We're now @ sub 100 days work at recent speed.

Crunch On.

--//--
[Jun 27, 2011 12:43:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TimAndHedy
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Unless something big puts the breaks on, it will be over sooner than later. We're now @ sub 100 days work at recent speed.

Good News, However when HFCC comes back I expect a drop.

At least my output will drop in at least half.
[Jun 28, 2011 4:23:11 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhhai
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

with the temporary drop in priority for HMCD2 and the 2 month push back of HFCC, it looks like HCC will be finish even sooner, possibly even Oct 1st.

(# of days left) = (100/87.10 - 1)*(178,857,360)/367,000 = 72 days left -- Oct 1st

[Jul 20, 2011 3:49:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 230   Pages: 23   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread