Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 218
Posts: 218   Pages: 22   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 50357 times and has 217 replies Next Thread
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Any idea when HFCC will end ?

Howdy Gang:
I was just wondering how much time is left for HFCC? I noticed that HCC has aprox 3 months before it's finished. Trying to do the sprint for the silver on HFCC.
Thanks,
CJSL
----------------------------------------
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cjslman at Dec 6, 2011 12:09:01 PM]
[Sep 14, 2011 1:55:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Any idea when HFCC will end ?

At least 4-5 months (although, as ever, things can change...)

So, unless you've got just the 1 core computer that's able to contribute 1 hr/week, you should easily be able to reach Silver, and more than likely, Gold.

[Sep 14, 2011 2:18:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

gb009761... thanks for the info. Yes, I should be able to reach silver... gold doubtful: I have 3 cores working (but not 24 x7) and I'm also crunching other projects.
Thanks again,
CJSL
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Sep 14, 2011 2:47:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

In roughly 5.23 months. Calculation used 157/30

[Sep 25, 2011 6:12:54 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stroudwaterboy
Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Now the reduction in priority has finished do we know what effect it had on the end date?

[Oct 30, 2011 11:19:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

Probably not a huge amount - as the reduction in priority was fairly short and, I do believe, the "all project crunchers" were still able to receive some WU's.

As all things WCG wise, there are numerous factors that can (and do) influence an estimated end-date - the reduction (and then stopping for a while) of HCMD2 and C4CW, as well as the (potential) new projects that I'm hoping will still be coming before the end of the year (it was stated earlier on, that WCG were hoping to launch 3 new projects/phases before the end of the year - and only 1 has so far come online).

So, basically nothing is solid until the WCG techs have given their "30 day warning" (and even then, that may not be totally accurate).

On a personal note, I'm currently working on upgrading my Emerald HFCC badge to Sapphire - and, I'm not stopping/slowing down (not even for Beta WU's - okay, I'll accept them if they come, but I'm not in the hunt for them), until I know for certain that I can get there.

[Oct 30, 2011 12:00:00 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

The WCG Dashboard is showing 180 days left for HFCC... but then it has been showing that for a while. Maybe now that the reduction is gone, it will start to move normally.
Right now, I'm chasing after the gold for HCC. Once I get it, I'll be switching to HFCC to go after that gold also.

CJSL
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cjslman at Oct 30, 2011 1:47:19 PM]
[Oct 30, 2011 1:44:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cosmo_vk
Cruncher
Russian Federation
Project Badges:

If HCC will end, probably part of capacity will pass on HFCC.

[Nov 1, 2011 11:19:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:
Only 80 days left...

I'm trying to make it to the gold for HCC (I still have a couple of days of crunching to make it). Once that milestone is reached, I'll be switching over to HFCC to chase after the gold also.... according to the WCG dashboard (SekeRob's) there's only 80 days left for HFCC... gotta crunch, gotta crunch, gotta crunch.... smile

CJSL
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cjslman at Nov 9, 2011 12:34:08 PM]
[Nov 9, 2011 12:30:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Only 80 days left...

Well, we're still in Target 7, with another target to go. So, take into consideration as to when this current target started, and the current date, as well as the fact that Target 8 we're led to believe is the same size as the current one (as well as the previous ones), then that should give you some ideas as to how long we've got left.

Other factors do come into play - i.e., when HCMD2 and C4CW come back online, when HCC ends, and also when new project(s) start. That's basically why SekeRob can only give ESTIMATES...

[Nov 9, 2011 12:54:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 218   Pages: 22   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread