Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12950 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A daily quota ?

Though I have selected only HCC on one of my computers, I suddenly can't get any work unit.

The answer is :
07/03/2012 09:26:11 World Community Grid Message from server: This computer has finished a daily quota of 1 tasks

How come ? Is'nt there any work unit left ? Is the project terminated ? I didn't change any setting on my computer...
[Mar 7, 2012 9:40:44 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
depriens
Senior Cruncher
The Netherlands
Project Badges:
Re: A daily quota ?

Perhaps you've aborted lots of workunits or had lots of errors returning the last units?
Every time you submit an aborted or errored unit, the daily quota you get decreases. Eventually back to 1 if you have a lot of those units.

As soon as you start submitting complete units again, the daily quota doubles with every complete unit (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.). So in the end everything should go back to normal.
----------------------------------------

[Mar 7, 2012 9:55:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

There may be an issue with the new code. I've added a temp script that will boost the limit for people impacted until we can examine it closely.
[Mar 7, 2012 10:10:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

The point is that the validation process seems not to have completely restarted. See at :

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,32750
[Mar 7, 2012 10:22:47 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Perhaps you've aborted lots of workunits or had lots of errors returning the last units?
Every time you submit an aborted or errored unit, the daily quota you get decreases. Eventually back to 1 if you have a lot of those units.

As soon as you start submitting complete units again, the daily quota doubles with every complete unit (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.). So in the end everything should go back to normal.

Whilst that's all true, the absolute regular quote per CPU core/thread is 80 per day, i.e. if 80 were fetched and 40 blew, the 40 you have is all you'll have for the day, but increments the value for the next day.

Also, whilst we may have 80 max per core, sequential fails actually write down the quota faster... It's not like if you fetch 2, report 2 error the device is allowed to go all the way to 80 mangling results.. that would be on an octo 640 results. Don't think that is actually allowed to happen.

--//--
[Mar 7, 2012 12:35:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JmBoullier
Former Community Advisor
Normandy - France
Project Badges:

The problem reported by Legrandpiou and acknowledged by Kevin is still alive.
After getting 41 HCCs with a single fetch (BOINC 6.12.33) the following fetch got an undue "This computer has finished a daily quota of 5 tasks", although the successful one was the first fetch of the day for my quad.

Thanks to Kevin's script probably the message changed to "This computer has finished a daily quota of 10 tasks" for the following fetches, but does not change any more, despite 6 successfully reported tasks since then.

That might be difficult to get ready for tomorrow's long maintenance blackout, if ever this quad does not run dry before then. sad
Team--> Decrypthon -->Statistics/Join -->Thread
[Mar 7, 2012 4:58:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:

There may be an issue with the new code. I've added a temp script that will boost the limit for people impacted until we can examine it closely.

In the updated server-code each computer should have a per-application quota, and this quota will increase by 1 each time a task with the application is validated. In case of errors, the quota will immediately drop-down to whatever is the configured "start"-quota, for so decreasing more if multiple errors.

If the "start"-quota is low, and with the validator being offline/backlogged, it's not unexpected some users is hitting their per-application quota.

Users get info about the performance and current quota of the various applications they've used on the page "Application details for host ###", but it seems WCG has forgot to upgrade the web-code that includes this page...

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Mar 7, 2012 5:30:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread