Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19077 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
David_L6
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Reported work not showing up in Results Status

One of my computers reported work yesterday that is not showing up in "Results Status".

03/06/2012

5:11:35 pm 25 tasks

5:39:12 pm 3 tasks

5:44:03 pm 3 tasks
----------------------------------------

[Mar 7, 2012 12:56:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Reported work not showing up in Results Status

Some reported work got lost. Plz see the "New Problems?" thread with tech reply. Lost 12 myself yesterday off one device that was too quick to connect after the return of service. Lost, Resend, Re-reported, Gone. Murphy paid a bigger visit, when testing prior to launch had not revealed the condition.

--//--

edit: link to my report with follow on response: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/printpost_post,367472

edit: new problems thread link [page 2 recent threads] https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,32744
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 7, 2012 1:51:32 PM]
[Mar 7, 2012 1:09:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
David_L6
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Edit: Found it. Thanks.

May be time to abandon WCG. I can't tolerate waste and incompetence!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by David_L6 at Mar 7, 2012 1:57:11 PM]
[Mar 7, 2012 1:38:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Some reported work got lost.

Approximately what time frame (UTC) did the loss occur, please?

I don't find the "New Problems?" thread to which you refer... in what forum does it appear?

Thanks.
[Mar 7, 2012 3:18:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Huh, did you *read* my post all through the last line? It was the initial period after server up that this happened.

--//--
[Mar 7, 2012 3:23:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Some reported work got lost. Plz see the "New Problems?" thread with tech reply. Lost 12 myself yesterday off one device that was too quick to connect after the return of service. Lost, Resend, Re-reported, Gone. Murphy paid a bigger visit, when testing prior to launch had not revealed the condition.

--//--

edit: link to my report with follow on response: https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/printpost_post,367472

edit: new problems thread link [page 2 recent threads] https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,32744

OK... there's your entire message you asked if I read. Please cite where you tell what time the server came back up. I was not monitoring the outage minute-by-minute to see how long it took, that's why I asked.

I'm seeing about a 12 hour gap in validations in my Results Status, then about 65 hours of results PV'd in the first hour after that gap. Is that what I lost? 65 hours of crunch time?
[Mar 7, 2012 3:30:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Some accept a bit of fall out in a non-perfect world [or bite their tongue when it happens to them] This upgrade was a very major undertaking with and those do get visits of Mr. Murphy.

--//--
[Mar 7, 2012 3:31:01 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

I do agree that lost work/effort is frustrating, but I would like to point out the following:
- I'm sure that the WCG team tested their changes and were confident that the changes would go forward without issues. Therefore, I don't know why you're referring to "incompetence".
- As for abandoning WCG (because of a few lost WUs which couldn't be avoided), you are not punishing WCG. You will be punishing the children with cancer or the people of world that will get sick of Dengue or Schistosomiasis or Leishmaniasis or Malaria or Cancer or Aids or....

Think about it...

CJSL
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cjslman at Mar 7, 2012 6:02:44 PM]
[Mar 7, 2012 4:47:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi
Yes a little frustrating,lost eight myself.
Sent them back late last night and that was the last I saw of them:(
Over the years here have lost many hundreds of hours of work for one reason or another.Not normally shy about complaints if I believe something is wrong.
But surely this is just a very minor blip in what was a pretty extraordinarily well executed change over.
Practically a work of art:)
Now because of the change the project can leap forward into the world of gpu crunching .
Any work lost will be more than compensated for very quickly when it starts,bringing us even nearer,sooner for the projects looking for a cure.
In my opinion WCG now has a much better future.
Mr Knreed and team get my congratulations.
Exciting times.
Cheers
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 7, 2012 9:42:24 PM]
[Mar 7, 2012 9:35:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi,
I have a question about at least 11 results which were returned and successfully reported from a single device this morning. As this computer is normally not connected to the internet I have to start the upload process manually, so I have a pretty good idea when results from this device are being returned.
The results do show up in the Device Statistics History* but do not show up in the Results Status page... is this a new hide and seek-"feature"?! ;-)
Thanks, michao

*this computer is in my office, so I can't check at the moment how many results in total were returned this morning - I think it was 13, but I don't remember exactly, but as 11 of them validated (otherwise they wouldn't show up in the Device History) it must have been at least 11.
[Mar 9, 2012 6:51:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread