Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 707 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin What Happens to Inconclusive WU from 3/06 Change still there 3/15?

biggrin Seen quite a bit of posts on the inconclusive WUs left behind after the 3/06 upgrade. I had a number of them myself, but as with many others, my inconclusive list is starting to clear out. But I have a few left now and I'm wondering if they are still waiting for their wingman or whatever still on the 3/15 upgrade where I figure there will be a second round of WU impacted, will those still left out there from the first upgrade by 3/15 run a risk of never connecting up with other work and getting what they need to get to the 'valided' promise land?

Just curious since I'm sure some of us may run into this as a impact on the second upgrade...

I'm also thinking of trying a strategy of trying to time my WU on my few computers to get done right on 3/15 at the latest and be as close to empty right at the end of the upgrade as possible so that I can hit the ground running right after the 3/15 upgrade is over as possible to minimize the list of inconclusives left over on 3/16+ and get the pipeline filled with as much new WUs on 3/16 as possible to keep the new normal crunching going.

I'm not as concerned about the points, but as a small team (1 laptop and 1 other family computer that is used occassionally) my current goal is to return at least one valid WU per day, 7 days a week. Been able to do that consistantly since 10/14/2011 so far and almost broke my string last week after a pile of inconclusive work for several days had me sweat things for a couple days (barely got my 1 WU each day last week to keep my string alive). I'm also trying to complete my 180 day - gold badge for HFCC by the end of March (another personal target for my trusty laptop too), so I've got two goals here I'm pushing get done during March 2012.

I want to keep my string of completed WUs going this week too after the upgrade, so any ideas on doing that would be appreciated.
[Mar 11, 2012 12:31:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:
Re: What Happens to Inconclusive WU from 3/06 Change still there 3/15?

I'm actually going for my ruby 180-day badge for HFCC, already got my gold....
[Mar 11, 2012 12:39:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Don't think the file system upgrade has anything at all to do with the BOINC accounting system that tracks performance, reliability and credit history. It's similar think as doing an upgrade from fat32 to NTFS on Windows or ext3 to ext4 on Linux. Short for, there wont be the additional client re-validation wave that requires e.g. the second wingman copy on the mostly alone running C4CW/FAAH/HFCC/CEP2.

Keeping your completed results on the client till after the FS conversion means, setting the client off-line. For that see the instructions in the March 6 issues thread how to schedule that. Not anticipating an other inconclusive wave after the 15th, so your validation string will get much interruption, but for server outages.

--//--
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Mar 11, 2012 12:47:39 PM]
[Mar 11, 2012 12:43:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

I'll take at look at those March 6th instrutions to do the client-offline on 3/15.

Still have a few WUs what could still be less than 10-days done by 3/15, so wondering if those will still be looking for their wingman while those wingmans get turned into inconclusives on 3/15 though - maybe I'm just wondering about something that just won't happen, but I'm curious. Don't like to see some good work go to waste since for me it's a bunch of HFCC work and helping to find a cure for childhood cancer is such a worthy cause.
[Mar 11, 2012 12:48:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread