Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 95
Posts: 95   Pages: 10   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2350134 times and has 94 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Updates for DDDT phase 2

Dear All,

We were in the process of optimizing the code and also implementing ways to make the Free Energy of Binding calculations efficient as well as scientifically robust as we had some issues due to the instability in the Molecular Dynamics Simulation while running the dengue and west nile re-scoring calculations.

Now we are in the process of submitting alpha test calculations and once they are in place, then we are planning to run the following calculations -
1. Re-scoring Free energy of binding calculations for first 2000 ligands from the results of the virtual screen with Autodock Vina and Maybridge and Chembridge Libraries (different than the phase 1 calculation because they used Autodock 4 and different library)
2. We also have put together another 600,000 compound library (with important libraries and drug like properties as criteria) that we are currently screening for dengue and westnile and we are planning to do 2000 re-scoring calculations from those results too.

Scientifically this is a very challenging and satisfying project and I appreciate all your contributions and I sincerely will try to do my best to make this project a huge success. Will keep updating my progress.

Thank you all,
Dr. Usha Viswanathan
Post-doctoral fellow
Prof. Stanley Watowich's lab
UTMB
[Apr 11, 2012 1:39:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mikey
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Updates for DDDT phase 2

Dear All,

We were in the process of optimizing the code and also implementing ways to make the Free Energy of Binding calculations efficient as well as scientifically robust as we had some issues due to the instability in the Molecular Dynamics Simulation while running the dengue and west nile re-scoring calculations.

Now we are in the process of submitting alpha test calculations and once they are in place, then we are planning to run the following calculations -
1. Re-scoring Free energy of binding calculations for first 2000 ligands from the results of the virtual screen with Autodock Vina and Maybridge and Chembridge Libraries (different than the phase 1 calculation because they used Autodock 4 and different library)
2. We also have put together another 600,000 compound library (with important libraries and drug like properties as criteria) that we are currently screening for dengue and westnile and we are planning to do 2000 re-scoring calculations from those results too.

Scientifically this is a very challenging and satisfying project and I appreciate all your contributions and I sincerely will try to do my best to make this project a huge success. Will keep updating my progress.

Thank you all,
Dr. Usha Viswanathan
Post-doctoral fellow
Prof. Stanley Watowich's lab
UTMB

We all appreciate your efforts and wish you all the luck in the World in getting this worthwhile project back on its feet and helping those current and future patients with this disease!
----------------------------------------

[Apr 11, 2012 1:52:31 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bieberj
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Dr. Viswanathan,

Thank you for keeping us inform of your status.
[Apr 11, 2012 1:59:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I want to add my thanks as well.

biggrin
Lawrence
[Apr 11, 2012 2:10:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mwgiii
Advanced Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update.

[Apr 11, 2012 3:22:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
evilkats
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Many thanks for the status update.

[Apr 11, 2012 3:38:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks for the update
[Apr 11, 2012 11:05:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
robertmiles
Senior Cruncher
US
Project Badges:

Is it still difficult to make such workunits run correctly under Windows?
[Apr 26, 2012 3:30:00 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ThreadRipper
Veteran Cruncher
Sweden
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update, research updates on the crunching we do is the second best motivator for me after a cure for the disease of course!

Join The International Team: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=CK9RP1BKX1

AMD TR2990WX @ PBO, 64GB Quad 3200MHz 14-17-17-17-1T, RX6900XT @ Stock
AMD 3800X @ PBO
AMD 2700X @ 4GHz
[Apr 30, 2012 9:52:44 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

@Usha,

What I'd like to understand is the repeated use of the dg05 prefix of these A-Type computations. Is this indicative of what you describe in the opening post as, to sum up, a continuation of the benchmarking and re-validation cycle against a well typed reference [mentioned in past]? We all are eager to know when the real crunch commences of the 18 or so targets that were identified some 2 years ago, at start of the DDDT2 phase. See https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,28528, where there were proximately 1000 A-Type tasks in quorum 2 were indicated per target [we just had 921 passing through], where we done 300,000+ C-type of dg05 back in January. Just so we understand and not anyone launching into [recurrent] funny notions.

thanks

--//--
[Apr 30, 2012 10:34:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 95   Pages: 10   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread