Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 378 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Delete my world community grid account ?

Hello, I am looking for a way to completely remove my account. I looked at my profile page and the FAQ but I found nothing useful.

Thank you
[Dec 3, 2012 12:24:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gb009761
Master Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:
Re: Delete my world community grid account ?

Please forgive my curiosity AnotherSnap, although I can't stop wondering why, after the last result that has been recorded against your account was just a little under 2 years ago, why you're wanting your account deleting now. Why not just simply disconnect your BOINC software from WCG, delete the BOINC software, change your e-mail address to a 'junk one', and forget you ever participated in such a worthy endeavour as Distributed Computing?

OR, is it because of another reason - perhaps your computer has been crunching away in the background and it hasn't been returning valid results or they've been reported back too late? If it is the latter, then there are ways we can help - after all, I've rarely met such a friendly bunch of people online as you'll find here...

Anyhow, if you do decide to walk away, I wish you good health and happiness for the future, and I'd like to sincerely thank you for your contribution (as each and every work-unit returned, is another step nearer finding a potential cure to a dreadful disease/source of clean water etc.).
----------------------------------------

[Dec 3, 2012 2:33:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Delete my world community grid account ?

Hello AnotherSnap,
There is no standardized way to do this. gb009761 suggests a simple way to disappear. Create a email address that you will never use again, change all your profile information and switch to the new email address, then walk away and disappear. If for some reason that is not enough, use the Contact Us to send an email to the WCG staff.

Lawrence
[Dec 3, 2012 2:59:13 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread