Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1362 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
etienne06
Advanced Cruncher
France
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Failed installation ("Failed to add the 'BOINC_admins' group (BOINC Master)")

Hello everybody,

I hope that Christmas day was fine to everyone.

I have a problem to install WCG agent. I ran it successfully on my previous computers, but I can manage to install it on my new computer (Pavilion 23).

Actually, I can download the program "wcg_boinc_6.10.58....".

I run the InstallShield Wiazrd normally untill a window pops up and says : "Failed to add the 'BOINC_admins' group (BOINC Master)".

Then, it comes back to the Wizard Windows that says the installation was interrupted before the WCG could be completely installed.

Could you please help me ? I thought me new computer could crunch WU efficiently, but it seems not to be so easy...

Thank you all very much.

Jean-Philippe
[Dec 26, 2012 10:40:10 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ingleside
Veteran Cruncher
Norway
Project Badges:
Re: Failed installation ("Failed to add the 'BOINC_admins' group (BOINC Master)")

In case your new computer runs Windows 8, you'll need to install BOINC v7.0.31 or later. The best choise currently is v7.0.42, downloadable from http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php
----------------------------------------

"I make so many mistakes. But then just think of all the mistakes I don't make, although I might."
[Dec 26, 2012 10:46:55 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
etienne06
Advanced Cruncher
France
Project Badges:
Re: Failed installation ("Failed to add the 'BOINC_admins' group (BOINC Master)")

In case your new computer runs Windows 8, you'll need to install BOINC v7.0.31 or later. The best choise currently is v7.0.42, downloadable from http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php

Hello,

Thank you Ingleside for answering me.

Indeed, my computer runs Windows 8. But yesterday, I saw that the DVD reader can't open. The dealer picked it this morning so that I'll try to install the version you advise me by the eand of the year.

Thank you so much.

Jean-Philippe
[Dec 27, 2012 1:30:23 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
etienne06
Advanced Cruncher
France
Project Badges:

Hello everybody, hello Ingleside,

Happy new year to everyone. May 2013 be a good year to all.

I've just received my brand new computer repaired.

I'm about to install this version. I'll tell you.

Thank you, and once agait, happy new year !
[Jan 4, 2013 8:28:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
etienne06
Advanced Cruncher
France
Project Badges:

So, it works ! The Manager looks strange in comparison with the previous I used, but never mind.

Thank you Ingleside.
[Jan 4, 2013 8:55:34 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread