Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14594
Posts: 14594   Pages: 1460   [ Previous Page | 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 788205 times and has 14593 replies Next Thread
dcrobinson
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Is that a challenge

Those were some expensive bits of crunching hardware you had Mamajuanauk. Impressive. I'm sure you will some day get something comparable, although your current output is better than most, that's for sure.
Excellent Diamond 100, TMC. If I ever get to 50 I'll be amazed. I'm up to very nearly 37 years on MCM, but as I'm sure you are extremely aware, the badges are a very long way apart.
I'm a big fan of Scythe coolers, Andy.
I've always liked the orange ones Steve, or the red ones if you fancy more of a challenge.
----------------------------------------
Dave Robinson, Malvern, UK
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dcrobinson at Apr 27, 2020 12:46:21 PM]
[Apr 27, 2020 12:44:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mac1
Senior Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

I'm a big fan of Scythe coolers, Andy.

I had a look and they do look nicely designed but couldn't see any LGA3647 fitments, maybe in the future they will do them. TBH I think this box is half way through it's life so will just renew the parts in this case the fan rather than upgrade - especially after you shared your 3900X stats. crying

As MMJ is sharing hardware I'll share my failure to housekeep. This is what 300m points worth of dust looks like:
This is why my fan failed - plus some case & MB shots
Incredibly the attempt at a group forum is still there all these years later but it's easier to host pictures there hence the link, don't read anything else into that.
cheers,
Andy
Suffolk - UK

[Apr 28, 2020 9:12:22 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GB033533
Senior Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

mac1, nice dusty fan. thanks for sharing some dirty pics.

[Apr 28, 2020 10:28:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dcrobinson
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:

As MMJ is sharing hardware I'll share my failure to housekeep. This is what 300m points worth of dust looks like:
This is why my fan failed - plus some case & MB shots
Incredibly the attempt at a group forum is still there all these years later but it's easier to host pictures there hence the link, don't read anything else into that.

A case with dust filters, and owning a hoover, helps, I find smile
Dave Robinson, Malvern, UK
[Apr 28, 2020 12:19:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mac1
Senior Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

mac1, nice dusty fan. thanks for sharing some dirty pics.

I should've shown them behind the bike shed. laughing

A case with dust filters, and owning a hoover, helps, I find

Enthoo Pro has 3 dust filters cleaned regularly, fair warning for those relying on them, seems there are too many ways for the dust to get in or perhaps just bad design.
Had to sell the hoover to pay for the electric bills. wink
cheers,
Andy
Suffolk - UK

[Apr 29, 2020 8:27:48 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mamajuanauk
Master Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

Those were some expensive bits of crunching hardware you had Mamajuanauk. Impressive. I'm sure you will some day get something comparable, although your current output is better than most, that's for sure.
Thanks DC, They were all fun to build, I enjoyed the custom builds most as they made me "Think", got the old grey matter working, after waking it up!!!

Excellent Diamond 100, TMC.
Yes, a great achievement TMC! Well done!
Mamajuanauk is the Name! Crunching is the Game!

[Apr 29, 2020 8:36:37 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Darkmatter.NI
Veteran Cruncher
Northern Ireland
Project Badges:

It has been a long time coming, but I finally have my 1st 100 year Badge biggrin Back when I 1st started, I dreamed of getting 5 years on any one project, getting that on just one, I never imagined it would be possible dancing

That is fantastic TMC, a long time coming but worth all the effort.
It will be a long while before I get a 100 year badge. What I like most is the 26 badges you have, as no one can get half of them now. Impressive on both counts.

When DC and I did our tests, I found out I had cooling issues, which I fixed. But since then my CPU temp was rising gradually from 60C to 69C. Today I found my water-cooling radiator was coated in dust on the side that gets air first. A quick vacuum and the temps went back down to 60C. What a difference.

[Apr 29, 2020 9:19:29 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mac1
Senior Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

It has been a long time coming, but I finally have my 1st 100 year Badge biggrin Back when I 1st started, I dreamed of getting 5 years on any one project, getting that on just one, I never imagined it would be possible dancing

That is fantastic TMC, a long time coming but worth all the effort.
It will be a long while before I get a 100 year badge. What I like most is the 26 badges you have, as no one can get half of them now. Impressive on both counts.

When DC and I did our tests, I found out I had cooling issues, which I fixed. But since then my CPU temp was rising gradually from 60C to 69C. Today I found my water-cooling radiator was coated in dust on the side that gets air first. A quick vacuum and the temps went back down to 60C. What a difference.

After my long overdue clean up plus the original fan going back in, the temps went from 60 to 50, today I replaced the original with the Noctua fan and the peace was instantly noticeable. Decibels dropped from 62-65 to 57-59 however the temps have gone up into the 70's which is a little worrying. 81 is considered high for these and 91 critical so they're in tolerance but at the upper end. For the extra peace though I'll live with it but if the temps go into the 80's it'll be time for another spring clean or maybe a fresh arctic fan - the original lasted nearly 2 years but on balance more effective than the Noctua (similar noise perhaps a smidge more but clearly much better flow/pressure).
cheers,
Andy
Suffolk - UK

[Apr 30, 2020 1:50:28 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Darkmatter.NI
Veteran Cruncher
Northern Ireland
Project Badges:

After my long overdue clean up plus the original fan going back in, the temps went from 60 to 50, today I replaced the original with the Noctua fan and the peace was instantly noticeable. Decibels dropped from 62-65 to 57-59 however the temps have gone up into the 70's which is a little worrying. 81 is considered high for these and 91 critical so they're in tolerance but at the upper end.

Funny you should say that as I had to put two Noctua fans on my air cooler in order to get sufficient cooling, it was still quiet though. One was going full speed and the other was run with the 7volt connector cable. Was happy with that.

[Apr 30, 2020 5:12:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crooks_uk
Veteran Cruncher
England
Project Badges:
Re: New tasks

Like unsmurf, I hope everyone is well. It looks like I'll be getting a substantial pay cut next month to help my company survive the pandemic, so it's with a heavy heart that I've decided to hugely reduce, maybe even stop, crunching at home for the foreseeable future. The stuff I have running in the cloud will continue, and I'll probably keep a core on my NAS going, but I'm not going to set any records, that's for sure.

I hope you all stay well, and please don't take any risks.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat Dave. Currently using my tablet for my computing needs so no workstation use at the moment. Hopefully will be back up and running sooner rather than later.

I have entered some team challenges today so will be interesting to see how we compare with the reduced output.

Keep safe everyone.
[May 3, 2020 4:51:35 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 14594   Pages: 1460   [ Previous Page | 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread