Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 27009 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
CandymanWCG
Senior Cruncher
Romania
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: DSFL update Oct 2013

Just adding to the list of people who thanked for this great and very informative update and also wishing you best of luck on your quest for funds and any other resource you may need!

Cheers! peace
----------------------------------------
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world! - Albert Einstein

[Oct 16, 2013 1:24:49 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thanks Carlos for the update, I hope that you get the funding for the next phase. biggrin
[Oct 16, 2013 1:48:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alged
Master Cruncher
FRANCE
Project Badges:

Thks or the update and we hope yu get the funds for that so "called"
"neglected diseases " because they affect mainly under devellopped countries and don't interest Big Pharma.
Be strong we stay on yr side !

[Oct 16, 2013 5:58:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
branjo
Master Cruncher
Slovakia
Project Badges:

Thks or the update and we hope yu get the funds for that so "called"
"neglected diseases " because they affect mainly under devellopped countries and don't interest Big Pharma.
Be strong we stay on yr side !

We can think whatever we want about them ("Big-Bad-Pharmas"), but some of them (like GSK - see the Carlos' OP) are doing lot of projects which will not increase their profits (do you remember recent "Malaria-Vaccine-Disaster"?).

I guess you would agree with me that we have to give credit where credit is due.

Cheers peace

Crunching@Home since January 13 2000. Shrubbing@Home since January 5 2006

[Oct 16, 2013 6:05:42 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ebattleon
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I suggest you guys approach the Bill Gate's Foundatation as I think you guys would qualify for a Grant of up to $100 100 US from them. Good Luck!
[Oct 17, 2013 3:10:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ThreadRipper
Veteran Cruncher
Sweden
Project Badges:

Thank you so much for the update!

Join The International Team: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=CK9RP1BKX1

AMD TR2990WX @ PBO, 64GB Quad 3200MHz 14-17-17-17-1T, RX6900XT @ Stock
AMD 3800X @ PBO
AMD 2700X @ 4GHz
[Oct 17, 2013 9:22:48 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

As described above, we are already seeing good scores for the data we’ve analyzed so far and have decided to close out phase 1 of this project. We may begin a second phase of work on World Community Grid, sometime next year.

Carlos, this is really great news. With this info, I feel really proud to have contributed with 1,670 work units for this project. If there is a phase 2, I will gladly participate. I wish you and your team the best of luck.

CJSL

Crunching for a better future...
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Oct 18, 2013 2:08:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[CSF] Thomas Dupont
Veteran Cruncher

Thanks for the heads-up Carlos.
It's really heartening to see projects which move forward with the support of WCG and all the volunteers.
I hope you will keep us informed of the outcome of the story.
My team couldn't participate in the phase 1 of the project because we were not yet present on WCG but it will be a pleasure if the phase 2 is launched.
Good luck for the future ! biggrin
[Oct 18, 2013 4:30:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Glad I could help, I hope you can advance your research for a inexpensive/free cure/treatment, as another Colombian scientist discovered in recent years a vaccine for a another disease and gave it to the World for free, don't remember his name or the disease but it was great for Humanity, don't mind me, I'm not good with names.

Your work is Great news for Humanity, thanks you.

Cheers from Bolivia.
[Oct 19, 2013 6:35:18 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Thank CJLSMAN. We really appreciate your contribution and for your willingness to support a second phase.

Best wishes
[Oct 21, 2013 1:53:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread