Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 957
Posts: 957   Pages: 96   [ Previous Page | 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 249290 times and has 956 replies Next Thread
dskagcommunity
Senior Cruncher
Austria
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MCM Progress Reports - September 20 Update

oh no one of my cpu cruncher had a CPU Fan failure and was off right after i started to be ill for 2 1/2 weeks. >60days lost and this in that close to end state -_-

Thanks for this continious reporting.
----------------------------------------
http://www.research.dskag.at
Crunching for my Dog who had "good" Braincancer.

[Sep 23, 2015 5:38:03 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: MCM Progress Reports - August 30 Update

Soon there will only be OET and CEP2. I can careless about OET; I have no interest in it at all. I know people who have had or died of cancer! I know no one that has ever had Ebola and most likely, I never will. OET is just not an interesting project for many. I bet almost everyone here knows of someone that had or died of cancer; so MCM hits a lot closer to home. So why are you suggesting to contributors to leave the project? Completing MCM is far better for humanity than OET is.
To quote yourself
The science is more important than a badge. The quicker the results are in the hands of the scientists, the quicker a cure can potentially be found. So maybe everyone should stay on the project to expedite its ending.

Looks a bit two-faced too me...

Ralf

[Sep 24, 2015 4:11:17 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Just as scientists have preferences of what they want to study, crunchers have their own preference of which project they wish to donate to and their own reasons for their choice. I'm glad for everyone who decides to pitch in and get some WUs crunched, regardless of which project(s) they choose. Cheers~

[Sep 24, 2015 5:16:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Soon there will only be OET and CEP2. I can careless about OET; I have no interest in it at all. I know people who have had or died of cancer! I know no one that has ever had Ebola and most likely, I never will. OET is just not an interesting project for many. I bet almost everyone here knows of someone that had or died of cancer; so MCM hits a lot closer to home. So why are you suggesting to contributors to leave the project? Completing MCM is far better for humanity than OET is.
To quote yourself
The science is more important than a badge. The quicker the results are in the hands of the scientists, the quicker a cure can potentially be found. So maybe everyone should stay on the project to expedite its ending.

Looks a bit two-faced too me...

Ralf

Not at all! I could careless about the OET project of which you quoted. I view MCM as much more important. I'll crunch OET, you pay the electricity bill though!
[Sep 24, 2015 5:53:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

Not at all! I could careless about the OET project of which you quoted. I view MCM as much more important. I'll crunch OET, you pay the electricity bill though!

u must be some Aussie then!
biggrin
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Sep 24, 2015 7:05:24 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: MCM Progress Reports - September 27 Update

The following figures are based on a total number of work units of 350,000,000 from cubes.

Last 30 day average results: 614,291
Estimated end date using 30 day average: October 1, 2015
Percent Complete: 98.99199%
The average length of a WU is currently running about 3.94 hours.

If I look at the latest batch I have received, 17317, that would be about 98.95% complete.

We are at about .19 more months (approx. 5 Days)of additional crunching at the current recent run rate. The days in the past week ,on average, were about flat in work unit time. The projected completion date has come 1 day closer than last week. Production was down slightly this past week going from about 4.515 million WU's to 4.327 WU'scompleted.
I continue to project the last WU's will be issued in the first week of October. After that there should only be re-sends due to no replies, errors, etc. The bulk of the results should be returned by the end of the second week in October with the remaining few trickling in for the next week to 10 days. So, for those wishing to complete a goal for this project, keep an eye on the batch numbers and when they get into the 17400 range, (probably some time on Tuesday) increase your cache to 5.5 to 6 days. This last week we went through about 213 batches. Since this project has a 7 day deadline this should be sufficient to maximize your WU's without overcaching and having units not meet the deadlines.
Good crunching everyone. Crunch on.

Edit:Because the potential end of the project is is nigh, I am revising my prediction slightly. We should hit 350,000,000 returned results on October 3. However, it appears the final WU's will not be issued until October 3rd or 4th. So there will be somewhat more than the initial estimate of returned WU's. I am surmising this is due to some WU's requiring more than the normal quorum of 2. It will be interesting to see just what the final number of returned WU's is.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sgt.Joe at Sep 29, 2015 2:22:33 AM]
[Sep 28, 2015 6:30:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ThreadRipper
Veteran Cruncher
Sweden
Project Badges:

Thanks for the updates!

Join The International Team: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=CK9RP1BKX1

AMD TR2990WX @ PBO, 64GB Quad 3200MHz 14-17-17-17-1T, RX6900XT @ Stock
AMD 3800X @ PBO
AMD 2700X @ 4GHz
[Sep 29, 2015 8:01:36 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mumak
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Well, according to official stats, the end should be sometime in mid-November.
But it could happen a bit sooner because of FAAH going out of work.

[Sep 29, 2015 8:14:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Well, according to official stats, the end should be sometime in mid-November.
But it could happen a bit sooner because of FAAH going out of work.

Well, if we see batch 17501 all predictions are out the window. If that is the case, then we would need some kind of update from the scientists and/or the techs to make any kind of reasonable estimate for the EOP (End Of Project).

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Sep 29, 2015 11:02:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mumak
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

Yeah, it would be nice from the scientists or techs to give us more details about how many batches are to be expected. Rather than letting you guess the end for several months using incorrect estimations...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mumak at Sep 29, 2015 11:28:04 AM]
[Sep 29, 2015 11:27:30 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 957   Pages: 96   [ Previous Page | 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread