Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 966 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Coleslaw
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Option to change device profile on multiple devices at the same time

Currently I have to change the device profile one at a time when switching multiple devices. What I would like is the option to be able to select multiple devices at once to change them all to a specific profile. That way if I am changing up my settings, it is easy to manage several systems at once.
----------------------------------------

[Aug 7, 2014 4:54:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: Option to change device profile on multiple devices at the same time

Sounds like a good one to get.Just wondering, does bam offer device grouping to profile or the ticking of multiple devices? Not that it matters much as wcg continues to be largely am non-cooperative.
[Aug 7, 2014 7:15:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KLiK
Master Cruncher
Croatia
Project Badges:

put them on devices "default, home, work or school"...one by one!

and then change device as you prefer...on WCG...all of them change! :D
oldies:UDgrid.org & PS3 Life@home

non-profit org. Play4Life in Zagreb, Croatia
[Aug 7, 2014 7:16:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Coleslaw
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Yes KLiK, I am aware of how that works. The problem is when I want to more say 20 devices from Default to "school" or "work". You have to move them one at a time. I want to move several at once. I also know that changing Default changes them all.

lavaflow, I am not aware if BAM! has that function. However, those that don't use BAM! should not be forced to for something like this. I also don't want to move all devices to a dedicated profile at more than this project. I want that to be per project.

[Aug 7, 2014 11:16:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

Ha... I was going to answer the same thing as KLiK did biggrin. Since I only have 3-4 devices (which are not always available to me) to monkey around with, it's not an issue for me. But yes, if you have 20 or more devices, I can see where it would be tedious to do all that changing. Sounds like a good idea to me.

CJSL

Crunching for a better future...
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Aug 7, 2014 11:54:47 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mamajuanauk
Master Cruncher
United Kingdom
Project Badges:

Don't change the device assignment, change the projects that the profile crunches! Simples...
Mamajuanauk is the Name! Crunching is the Game!

[Aug 8, 2014 11:35:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Coleslaw
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Mamajuanauk....that is the idea after they get moved to those profiles.... But sometimes you change up how you want the profiles designed.

Edit: An easy example would be... If you are hunting BETA work. You may not want to move all of your boxes to just calling for BETA. So, you would have a separate profile. Now when BETA isn't available, you can change that profile to accept work. Sounds simple right? But what if I want some of those boxes to get CEP2 and some of them to not get it? Now I'm having to change multiple profiles to do a simple task. However, if I could setup my "beta chasing" profile, I could do a mass device selection and just move them into it. Then when I'm done I could do a few quick mass movements back to the appropriate profiles that have their proper settings. See what I'm saying?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Coleslaw at Aug 8, 2014 8:36:05 PM]
[Aug 8, 2014 8:31:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread