Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2231 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Botar
Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
applause 1,000,000 years milestone of total run time

Hullo,

as I boredly perused some parts of the web I infrequently visit, I checked my and the global WCG statistics.
I must say, I was a bit surprised when I realised WCG is just shy of the million years total run time mark. Sure, it is but a number, yet an impressive one nonetheless. So maybe, just maybe, it is a cause for celebration.

Just think:

We spent more years computing projects helping the whole of humanity than the existence of the species itself by a factor of seven; the diaspora beyond Africa by a factor of ten (a whole magnitude!); the first languages and agriculture by a factor of twenty(-five)!

So in a way, we done good, people.

Let's do even better.
[Oct 9, 2014 1:01:16 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Re: 1,000,000 years milestone of total run time

As in http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q210/Seker...0kMilestones.png~original counting 25 days same as the last 10k, it happening around oct. 21-23, back from sep. 27 when the 990k occurred.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Oct 9, 2014 1:28:48 PM]
[Oct 9, 2014 1:27:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jonnieb-uk
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

The target date for passing 1,000,000 years RunTime has been slipping.

In April when Ripple Labs started to decline it was Aug 8. By early June it had slipped to Sep 28.

It is currently Oct 22. (based on last 285days crunching)

To Join follow this link: Join the UK Team All Welcome! UK Team thread
[Oct 9, 2014 1:34:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Botar
Cruncher
Germany
Project Badges:

Your guesstimate was correct, Jonnie. The milestone's cracked .
[Oct 22, 2014 10:20:41 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

One day faster, in 24 days the last 10k was completed, per the chart linked up in this thread.

(makes it 4 threads on the same topic, mainly because there's no active moderator admin to keep 'our' forums clean. There are admins, but they say they are too busy, yet again few days ago wink ).
[Oct 22, 2014 10:32:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alged
Master Cruncher
FRANCE
Project Badges:
applause Re: 1,000,000 years milestone of total run time

WHAT A RECORD THKS EVERYBODY AND CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
applause dancing

[Oct 22, 2014 12:17:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread