Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2816 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Device Name - Device Statistics vs Results Status

When I look at my device statistics the Device Name simply lists it as 'android' but if you go to Results Status it lists a fuller name with the serial number e.g. android_07aa8365, which makes it much easier to tell how each device is doing.

Would it be possible to put the fuller device name on the Device Name page as well? I appreciate you can't change the device name, but at least using the fuller name on the Device Name would be useful when looking at the overview.

Cheers!
[Sep 10, 2015 10:02:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Device Name - Device Statistics vs Results Status

Yes, many times already requested [search forums]. One possible reason seems there's a device transmitted character in the host name, that causes truncation in the device statistics list, where elsewhere things are fine.

How to still see who's who: Get pen and paper out, then hover over the 'android' link. In Firefox, left bottom there shows up the address. Towards the end there's DeviceId=1234567. That's the internal unique identifier. Maybe put a sticker on back of phone as reminder, this number too viewable on the result status pages [Filter on an android device and the ID appears in the address bar. Cumbersome, but it works.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at Sep 10, 2015 10:18:18 AM]
[Sep 10, 2015 10:13:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread