Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1567 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
SekeRob
Master Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New sign-out redirect to full screen slideshow causes Office 2010/13/16 script fails

Thx for looking into this.

These are the 2 addresses being scraped at user level:

Device Statistics History with anytime/anytime parms

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/devi...dSince=0&lastResult=0

(default this comes in the descending order of latest returned result, which is perfect)

My Contribution History
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMemberStatHistory.do

(default selection, 14 days).

These are the addresses how they look in office. Directly in FF they look quite different. E.g.

(Hover on address or quote post as the forum software chops up what is seen)

Having xml=true and verification code or account key feature added would do away with the password/scraping need rounding out the set with what you already provide for the Results Status and My Contribution pages.

For this morning's experience, loaded the app into 2013, pulled the data, signed out, no offering of the slides, straight to front page. Opened FF, did same, signed out and got the slides i.e. the exclusion you set did get rid of the interference.

Just wondering, got 80 odd years to my names, why the redirection to the slides, or am I on the "new visitors to our site" drop-off list? The cookie killer tool [define 3 levels on a per-website basis] and close tab routine, normally never gets me to see this or the front page [and hardly anyone to track my web moves, in my dreams of course]. Just Office acting up got me to look where this was coming from.
[Nov 4, 2015 8:49:51 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher
Re: New sign-out redirect to full screen slideshow causes Office 2010/13/16 script fails

hmmm, return of problem after signing out, [to sign-in as a different to pull testing data for]

"This browser is not supported by World Community Grid, so you may not be able to access certain features of the website. For an optimal experience, please upgrade to the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer or Edge."

Office 2013 [in which the whatismybrowser test ran in.]
[Nov 4, 2015 1:27:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

We haven't deployed a change yet so you will still see the same behaviour.

As far as treating you as someone new, the way it works is thus:

1) If you have no cookies on your browser when you arrive on our site we have no idea who you are and thus treat you as a new person
2) At this particular moment because we are running an A/B test, unknown users will be assigned to either the "original" experience or the "discover" experience. If you are assigned to the "original" experience, then you will be shown the home page. If you are assigned to the "discover" experience, then your first attempt to view the home page will result in youl be redirected to the discover page (there are a few exceptions noted below). Subsequent attempts to view the home page during the same browsing session will allow you to see the home page.

The exceptions to being redirected to the discover page on your first attempt to view the home page are:
a) If you are logged in you will see the home page always
b) If you have already seen the discover page during this browsing session (for example, if you went to that page first, then came back to the home page)
c) NOT YET DEPLOYED: We will also put in an exception if you are on IE 7, 8 or 9.
[Nov 4, 2015 3:26:13 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Project Badges:

Just wondering, got 80 odd years to my names, why the redirection to the slides, or am I on the "new visitors to our site" drop-off list? The cookie killer tool [define 3 levels on a per-website basis] and close tab routine, normally never gets me to see this or the front page [and hardly anyone to track my web moves, in my dreams of course]. Just Office acting up got me to look where this was coming from.

Although I just posted this above, I wanted to respond directly to this:

The cookie killer makes you a completely unknown person to us and thus we treat you as a first time visitor.

We are running an A/B test so you will have an different experience based on which group you are assigned to (as described above).
[Nov 4, 2015 3:28:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Project Badges:

Ok - we just released the modification so that this exception to the discover redirect is now in place (see two posts above)

"c) I you are on IE 7, 8 or 9."
[Nov 4, 2015 5:49:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

Repost as previous was incomplete:
For the tool you developed - are you scrapping the following:

User History by Date
User's Devices
Device History by Date

Or is there more?

Yes, all 3 page addresses are being scraped at user level:

My Contribution History (default selection, 14 days).
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMemberStatHistory.do

Device Manager (Anytime/Anytime)

Device Statistics History with anytime/anytime parms
(default this comes in the descending order of latest returned result, which is perfect)

Above are the addresses how they look in Office. Directly in FF they look quite different. E.g.

This morning no recurring issue pulling and sign-out/sign-in, switching user accounts.

Again, it would be great if you'd implement the &xml=true , verification code or account code linking same as for RS pages and MC Main. The whole password issue would no longer exist.

Thanks for your efforts.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SekeRob* at Nov 5, 2015 11:23:48 AM]
[Nov 5, 2015 11:23:09 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher

If you have had enough of the 'discover' redirect when signing out from WCG, then open the Filter Preferences screen, and hit the Add Filter button in the AdBlock browser add-on, then insert the url

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/discover.action#signup

and tick the Enabled box. Gone, straight transport to the home page... which is where existing members [like me] want to go [and not be seeing slides I've seen already a zillion times]. Worked for Firefox on W7, next up the Android, a little harder nut to crack it seems.
[Mar 13, 2016 1:06:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread