Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1798 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
jay_Orlando
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Android: Too Many WU downloaded.

Greetings!

I have two android devices - an older Kindle HD and a Samsung S-6 phone.

Way too many WU are downloaded to both.

I wanted to download just a few that can run at night.
Some days, I leave my phone and kindle powered off.

When running, I don't want them to overheat. (Easier to overheat in the daytime)

And I don't like keeping partial or unstarted WU on me devices when they are used for other purposes..(Phoning and reading...)

Its a pain to abort all of the extra WU.

Yes, I set the available kernels to a count of one.
But I still get 3 or 4 times the number of available kernels.

Is there a way to control this on an Android?

Thanks in advance, Jay

PS
I was alarmed to see how many WU that were sent to my androids failed.
I should have checked more often....
Will probably remove project (and BOINC) from androids if WU keep failing.
Is there a way to easily check for success on the BOINC App - rather than having to goto the project website and weed through the devices??

Thanks again,
Jay
----------------------------------------

[Feb 21, 2016 12:57:06 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enels
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Android: Too Many WU downloaded.

Hi Jay,

I don't know if it will work, but in the device manager profile for your Android devices, if you set Cross Project settings -> Project Weight to 0, in theory you will not download extra work.
[Feb 21, 2016 1:41:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SekeRob
Master Cruncher
Re: Android: Too Many WU downloaded.

Hi Jay,

I don't know if it will work, but in the device manager profile for your Android devices, if you set Cross Project settings -> Project Weight to 0, in theory you will not download extra work.

Ahum, zero project weight will make WCG a 'backup project' where only work is fetched when there are idle cores *for all the devices attached to the profile*. Given that jay does not like to "weed through the devices", seems he's got more than a few, he's got to make sure only the Android is associated with an exclusive/separate profile or all the related devices will only get 1 per core. Also, if there are more projects attached to the device and others have work, WCG will *not* be asked to send work.
[Feb 21, 2016 8:30:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread