Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 78
Posts: 78   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 53266 times and has 77 replies Next Thread
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Completion Date in Sight

Will there be a Phase 2 ?
smile

The research team is planning on looking at additional targets. They plan to screen millions of compounds (as is mentioned in the Project Details page), and so far they've screened less than 8,000 (as is mentioned in the recent project update).

Thanks,
ErikaT

Hope this helps
----------------------------------------

[Nov 11, 2016 7:33:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NixChix
Veteran Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Will there be a Phase 2 ?
smile

The research team is planning on looking at additional targets. They plan to screen millions of compounds (as is mentioned in the Project Details page), and so far they've screened less than 8,000 (as is mentioned in the recent project update).

Thanks,
ErikaT

Hope this helps

Does that mean the early 2017 completion date (currently 2017-02-12) given on the Research Page is false?

Kinda like what happened with MCM. angry

Cheers coffee

[Nov 12, 2016 6:58:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cjslman
Master Cruncher
Mexico
Project Badges:

Does that mean the early 2017 completion date (currently 2017-02-12) given on the Research Page is false?
Again, what is currently on the the research page is what the WCG techs know about (in their line of sight). They don't know if the project research scientists are going to send any more work units and if they do know, they don't know how much. What is on the research page is what is known to be coming down the pike.

CJSL

World Community Grid: the final frontier. These are the adventures of the grid WCG. Its never-ending mission: to explore strange new methods, to seek out new cures and new solutions, to boldly crunch where no man has crunched before.
I follow the Gimli philosophy: "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."
Join The Cahuamos Team

[Nov 13, 2016 1:48:32 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

@techs - The OpenZika website indicates batch 131136 as the last batch. Based on recent execution rate that would be about 7 to 10 days of work left. Have the researchers provided batches beyond 131136 that haven't yet been identified on the website? If so, how many batches beyond 131136 have they provided and could they be coaxed into updating the website for the new work?

TIA
[Nov 16, 2016 11:33:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

Well I'm a few days away from my Ruby badge. If this project is finishing up around Feb 2017, there is no way my laptop will get enough Zika WUs done to get to Emerald, so I guess I'll be soon be switching back over to the Aids2 project again and see how it goes.
[Nov 17, 2016 3:30:31 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ErikaT
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

@techs - The OpenZika website indicates batch 131136 as the last batch. Based on recent execution rate that would be about 7 to 10 days of work left. Have the researchers provided batches beyond 131136 that haven't yet been identified on the website? If so, how many batches beyond 131136 have they provided and could they be coaxed into updating the website for the new work?

TIA
Please see this forum post for information regarding work units.

Thank you,
ErikaT
[Nov 17, 2016 12:12:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I have already read that post and it doesn't tell me anything related to my questions. Specifically, are there new WUs after batch 131136 already in house or will there be a pause after 131136 while we wait for new batches from the researchers. Seems like two pretty simple questions with a yes or no answer to the first and a single number to the second. How much time can that take out of somebody's day? GEEZ!!!!
[Nov 17, 2016 2:57:32 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Maxxina
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

well. Then take account the history, there was several times added more jobs. It was always before we run out of the work . So there is no reason expect any different approach
[Nov 17, 2016 4:03:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eric_Kaiser
Veteran Cruncher
Germany (Hessen)
Project Badges:

I'm gonna tell you a secret:
Stay tuned for more projects in 2017 - some continuing previous research, and some completely new.

Source was a Facebook post yesterday from wcg

[Nov 17, 2016 5:15:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mumak
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

.. and 2018 will be even more exciting ;-)

[Nov 17, 2016 6:15:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 78   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread