Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1316 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
dcs1955
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Trying to get an understanding of what is happening?

I was looking at some stats and was trying to understand what was going on here. Sorry if I am asking a stupid question but I don't know what is going on.

These are based on SNURK's excellent utility.

rtm yrs mil pts thd res pts/h gflops
6.82 17.76 45.09 386 60.9
6.80 9.80 20.89 171 61.4

Row 1 vs Row 2 has Comparable run time, comparable speed, BUT twice points, results, and pts/hr.

I guess 2x points/hr explains 2x points and results. My big ??? is how this can be done with the same processor speed?

And yes I am row number 2 ;(
----------------------------------------

[Edit 2 times, last edit by dcs1955 at Jan 31, 2017 8:33:20 AM]
[Jan 31, 2017 6:35:38 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Trying to get an understanding of what is happening?

Your details are a bit sketchy, but there are a couple of items which come to mind. One is different operating systems, the second is a different mix of projects. It is already known that on the VINA projects that Linux is considerably faster than Windows. A third item may be differing internal components of the two systems, solid state disk vs. rotating platter, faster memory etc. Without more detail, this is all speculation.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jan 31, 2017 2:21:14 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dcs1955
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: Trying to get an understanding of what is happening?

Thanks Joe.

[Feb 1, 2017 12:33:02 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread