Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 225
Posts: 225   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 98618 times and has 224 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Team Kraland - Challenges

Little Mermaid,

Since it's for Christmas, it's true that skiing would not be bad ... But just to gain speed, we could do a bit of bobsleigh, to know who the Rasta Rockett !

biggrin
[Dec 18, 2017 5:15:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

'allo stefada biggrin
No, I have not heard of Rasta Rockett, the movie. So many movies do not come to our little country.
But I understand it was inspired by the Jamaican bobsleigh team
- everybody heard of them - a tropic island with a bobsleigh team. Lovely. laughing
I was able to find a piece of music with a video of these men in cat suits, though.

Usually music is my current captain adriverhoef's job, but since he has this ongoing hangover .... tsk, tsk, tsk ... d oh
[Dec 18, 2017 5:47:56 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Little Mermaid,

You have to watch this movie (in VO with French subtiltles) ! It's humorous, and in the end, even if I know by heart, I shed a tear (if you look, you'll understand what scene I'm talking about).

Concerning your Captain, we have a 'grandmothers' recipe for hangovers in France. You have to drink a glass of white wine!
Scientific expication: There are two alcohols in alcohol. Ethanol and methanol. The first has the euphoric effect, the second gives the hangover. And the human body is made in such a way that as long as there is ethanol, we do not assimilate methanol. And white wine contains almost only ethanol, so. The champagne is the top, and that's why we say that a 'cooked' (be drunk) with champagne, it don't hurt. (There is almost no methanol)

angel
[Dec 18, 2017 7:39:44 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I started Rasta Rockett, and I shall watch it bit by bit, stefada

Thank you so much for your hangover cure and your explanation of
what ethanol and methanol do to people.
I want my current captain to feel better as soon as possible,
so I'll bring him the very best from stefada's cellar:
The champagne

Once again, thank you for caring
[Dec 18, 2017 7:54:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

stefada, I put up a sign in Base Camp for captain adriverhoef, so he can run
- oh, well, maybe not run - rather crawl
over here and study biggrin
Thank you once again for your help and for caring rose

[Dec 18, 2017 8:04:36 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

You're Welcome, Lillte Mermaid.

Initially, you came to help us.

But let Saphir12 surprise him (yes, even I'm not aware)! But it's going to be cool, and we're all going to do better than before! (tic-tac)

cool
[Dec 18, 2017 8:17:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I'm very excited, stefada
- already a lot of theories and possibilities are twirling and whirling in my head
I know saphir12 is very imaginative in a lot of fields, and I'm not sure I have seen
everything from you yet peace

[Dec 18, 2017 8:33:54 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

stefada, I watched Rasta Rockett, and as you predicted, I had an ’emotional situation’ near the end where the teammates carry their wrecked sleigh like a whale on their shoulders and all the spectators – friends an foes alike – began clapping.
It reminded me: I tried bobsleighing here:

It’s in Keystone, South Dakota, near Mount Rushmore. It was basically for children, but adults were allowed to try.
It went painfully slow.

[Dec 19, 2017 11:32:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Saphir12
Senior Cruncher
FRANCE
Project Badges:

Kraland - Challenge IV
16 teams
(exceptionally, I post in English and French)

beginning of the adventure

Somewhere to the north, where the snow reigns supreme on the earth, where the temperatures are very cold, where there is no one apart from a few animals with thick fur, there is a large firs forest. Their dark green needles are often hidden by the snow, and ice stalactites hang from their branches, sparkling under the rays of the sun.
Few people dare venture into this place of snow and ice, but I invite you to dress warmly because we will enter this dense forest.
No map in the world gives the position of this place that we will try to reach. Some say it's just a legend, others say it exists.
For the moment, only the cold, the sound of the fir trees, the branches cracking under the weight of the snow, the cry of an animal in the distance that resonates, keep us company. No road, no path or even trail, no trace on the ground to indicate the direction to follow. Only chance seems to guide our steps through these firs...

Quelque part au nord, là où la neige règne en maîtresse absolue sur la terre, où les températures sont très froides, où on ne trouve personne à part quelques animaux à l'épaisse fourrure, il y a une grande forêt de sapins. Leurs aiguilles verts foncés sont souvent cachées par la neige, et des stalactites de glace pendent à leurs branches, étincelant sous les rayons du soleil.
Peu de monde oserait s'aventurer dans cet endroit de neige et de glace, mais je vous invite à vous habiller chaudement car nous allons entrer dans cette forêt dense.
Aucune carte au monde ne donne la position de cet endroit que nous allons essayer d'atteindre. Certains disent que ce n'est qu'une légende, d'autres affirment qu'il existe bien.
Pour le moment, seul le froid, le bruit des sapins, des branches qui craquent sous le poids de la neige, le cri d'un animal au loin qui résonne, nous tiennent compagnie. Pas de route, de chemin ni même de sentier, aucune trace au sol pour nous indiquer la direction à suivre. Seul le hasard semble guider nos pas à travers ces sapins....

----------------------------------------

New Captain of the team Kraland | The Challenges
[Dec 19, 2017 1:05:20 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

It is so unbelievably beautiful, Saphir12
Let's go - I'm ready. smile

- and insulated mittens to go with it

[Dec 19, 2017 5:35:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 225   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread