Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 245
Posts: 245   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83721 times and has 244 replies Next Thread
Former Member
Cruncher
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Byteball.org Team

Works again, thanks!
[May 16, 2018 4:55:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Final countdown for the latest 1GB WCG Challenge. To earn a share of the giveaway, you have to be computing for WCG and be an active member of the WCG official team (Byteball. org) - i.e.: submit any WCG results for each of the final days of the Challenge (Thursday, Friday and Saturday).

In other words, your WCG username has to appear on both the daily payout list (http://wcg.report) AND the WCG Team page for the next three days. The Challenge officially closes on Saturday 23:59:59 UTC.
[May 17, 2018 4:24:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
panosguardian
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Any updates on the 1GB WCG Challenge?
[May 20, 2018 8:53:39 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Any updates on the 1GB WCG Challenge?

Unfortunately, we didn’t make it. Anyway, user ‘creds’ spent 1 GB from personal funds and gave it to the crunchers.
Thanks, creds! love struck

From Byteball slack:
The 1GB WCG Challenge officially closed last night. Unfortunately, Team Byteball did not achieve 75% of the payout members listed on the daily wcg.report. Only 117 Active team members were part of the 255 users payout (45%). Given the rules of the Challenge, as detailed 2 weeks ago, Tony did not want to grant the 1GB reward.
Over the last two weeks, our team tripled its membership (from 37 to 117 active members), we have collectively contributed over 15 years of CPU time and we reached position #3200 (from position #7000). Those are great achievements for only two weeks!
For those reasons, I decided to provide 1GB of my own funds to the members of the team that were active the last 3 days. A share of 8.547 MB was sent to each of those team members.
Keep computing!

[May 21, 2018 7:23:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
applause Re: Byteball.org Team

Unfortunately, we didn’t make it. Anyway, user ‘creds’ spent 1 GB from personal funds and gave it to the crunchers.
Thanks, creds! love struck

Yep! Thanks, creds! hugs
----------------------------------------
[May 21, 2018 7:04:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

Hi. I am in!
Just a suggestion: probably the more payout rate for the team memebership will attract more users to be a part of the team. For example 1$ for 150,000 for regular users, and 5$ for 150,000 for users in the Byteball team.
[May 22, 2018 5:18:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

WCG has suspended public access to its API due to the GDPR, thus the bot cannot access to users score and send corresponding rewards. Everything should resume when an access token will be granted to Byteball.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Former Member at May 25, 2018 9:44:23 AM]
[May 25, 2018 9:43:55 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
D_S_Spence
Advanced Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:

Thanks for the info, Papabyte! I just signed up for the Byteball distribution a couple of days ago, and received the initial amount for my existing WCG points, but haven't received other payments yet. I had been wondering if there was something wrong with my wallet config.

Do you have any idea how long it will take to get the access token?
[May 25, 2018 2:50:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thanks for the info, Papabyte! I just signed up for the Byteball distribution a couple of days ago, and received the initial amount for my existing WCG points, but haven't received other payments yet. I had been wondering if there was something wrong with my wallet config.

Do you have any idea how long it will take to get the access token?

No one knows, but some information is being posted here .
[May 25, 2018 2:54:02 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher
sad Re: Byteball.org Team

News posted by the chief developer on slack:

Tony,

You recently requested access to the World Community Grid data exports which, as mentioned previously, is dependent on you agreeing to our Data Processing Agreement (DPA). We wanted to update you on the status of the Agreement.

For months, we have been working with a team of lawyers to prepare World Community Grid for GDPR compliance and ensure adequate protection of our volunteers' data. It is no secret that many organizations have found it a challenge to adhere to this new, comprehensive and complex regulation, and frankly, we are no exception. It is also fair to admit that our lawyers have been far busier than normal helping various groups understand the implications of the regulation on their individual programs. We finally have a lawyer dedicated to finalizing the Agreement, but the review process is not yet complete.

Please know that we are doing everything we can to push this as aggressively as we can, and are using escalation channels to ensure this gets addressed as quickly as possible. We are fully aware of the impact of delaying access to the data exports has on you and sincerely appreciate your patience as we get this resolved.

Thank you for your support, during what has been (and continues to be) a challenging compliance process for us and many others.

World Community Grid Support Team
---------------------------------------------------------
World Community Grid

[Jun 2, 2018 6:21:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 245   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread