Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 61622 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
johncmacalister2010@gmail.com
Veteran Cruncher
Canada
Project Badges:
Re: Viktors updates

Many thanks for the continuing updates
----------------------------------------

crunching, crunching, crunching.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor with Windows 11 64 Pro (part time)

smile
[Nov 16, 2019 1:22:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPastula
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I was happy to see someone mention their support for doing some crunching on Pancreatic cancer. I started crunching on this site when my brother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic two years ago. I knew then that this was not being analyzed but would be one of the ones to hopefully be addressed in the future. I crunch in the belief that my small contribution may make the future a couple of days closer. I am happy to say that my BIL has responded well to treatment so far and even though the tumors are still there his markers are low enough to be under the detectible limit of the test on many occasions
[Dec 2, 2019 11:24:43 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Falconet
Master Cruncher
Portugal
Project Badges:

I was happy to see someone mention their support for doing some crunching on Pancreatic cancer. I started crunching on this site when my brother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic two years ago. I knew then that this was not being analyzed but would be one of the ones to hopefully be addressed in the future. I crunch in the belief that my small contribution may make the future a couple of days closer. I am happy to say that my BIL has responded well to treatment so far and even though the tumors are still there his markers are low enough to be under the detectible limit of the test on many occasions

I'm glad to hear about you brother in law.
Best of luck

AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF 4C/8T 3.2 GHz - 85W
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 4C/8T 2.0 GHz - 28W
Intel Z3740 4C/4T 1.8 GHz - 6W
[Dec 3, 2019 3:04:26 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
caitilarkin
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

We just wrapped our monthly call with the researchers.

1. We had a status check on work units. We've been running about 28 batches per day on average.
2. WCG has begun alpha testing on sarcoma work units. This may run for a few more weeks. We'll make an announcement as usual when beta testing starts.
3. They are working on a project update for us.
4. The project PI will be speaking at several meetings early next year (Boston, San Diego, etc.) that are related to computational research, and he will be mentioning WCG when he presents.

Status of work units:

Available for Download:  207 batches
In Progress:  985 batches (7,832,542 work units)
Completed:  55,994 batches - 855 batches in the last 30 days - average of 28.5 batches per day
Estimated backlog:  7.25 days
[Dec 11, 2019 6:21:25 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[CSF] Thomas H.V. DUPONT
Master Cruncher
Réunion-France
Project Badges:

Thanks for the heads-up, Caitlin! cool
[Dec 13, 2019 2:11:06 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[VENETO] boboviz
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:

4. The project PI will be speaking at several meetings early next year (Boston, San Diego, etc.) that are related to computational research, and he will be mentioning WCG when he presents.

Links are welcome!
[Dec 23, 2019 9:03:12 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
caitilarkin
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

We had our monthly call today.

1. We began beta testing on sarcoma work units today, starting with Batch 13 with others queued up and ready to go.
2. The project PI will be traveling over the next couple of months to conferences and panels that touch on AI and big data. He'll be using the opportunities to talk to a scientific audience about WCG (in the context of big data) and specifically about MCM.
3. They're almost done with a project update--we've seen a first draft (which looks great) and we're planning to publish it next week.
4. WCG has begun early work to determine if running MCM on Android will be feasible. We'll let everyone know if this turns out to be a strong possibility.

Status of work units:

Available for Download: 251 batches
In Progress: 997 batches (3,389,542 work units)
Completed: 56,988 batches - 1,059 batches in the last 30 days - average of 35.3 batches per day
Estimated backlog: 7.1 days
[Jan 8, 2020 6:30:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MarcVidal
Cruncher
Project Badges:

Great update, thanks!
Looking forward the project update the team is preparing.
Ang go go go for more Android projects!
[Jan 9, 2020 4:21:42 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
halldor.usa
Advanced Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update!
[Jan 9, 2020 9:18:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[CSF] Thomas H.V. DUPONT
Master Cruncher
Réunion-France
Project Badges:

Thanks for the update!

+1 cool
[Jan 11, 2020 11:55:50 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread