Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3636 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Downloading WUs but did not select them

I have a bunch of machines going and most of them are set to "Default" under the Device Profile. I was topping off two machines that only connect through hotspot on my phone and only selecting SCC1 is super slow with 30 WUs at a time so I added MCM to the mix and got 6 pages of those WUs downloaded along with the SCC. Cool. I unselected MCM as I had given them enough keep them busy for a few days and then hundreds of MIP started to download.

I keep checking the profile settings and found MIP was selected for my "school" profile but I don't remember doing that and none of the PCs were set to "school". The option "If there is no work available for the project(s) I have selected above, please send me work from another project." is not selected on any profile. I disconnected the hotspot but 20 minutes later I am still getting MIP downloading to other "default" profile connected PCs and now have 31 pages of these WUs.

I don't mind supporting this project, but I am unsure if some of my PCs have enough ram and I basically depleted my data plan for the month.

Anyone else having this?

Edit: Default profile was set to SCC and HSTB. I selected only SCC and then tried only HSTB, and in each case only got MIP. I tried only selecting ZIKA and I got both ZIKA and MIP WUs.

Edit: I tried changing a PC to "School" profile and selected SCC, ZIKA, and HSTB and am getting ZIKA and MIP. Also tried only selecting MCM and am sometimes getting only MCM and sometimes getting MCM and MIP.
----------------------------------------

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Seoulpowergrid at Oct 18, 2018 6:59:11 AM]
[Oct 18, 2018 6:13:39 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
OldChap
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Re: Downloading WUs but did not select them

You are not the only one

I went to all of my profiles and set the option at the bottom of the page for maximum number of MIP wu's to 1 and aborted all the others whereupon it downloaded 1 MIP per machine

Not ideal but in the interim I can live with it.

I will abort as soon as they start until this is fixed

[Oct 18, 2018 7:16:21 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
matsu_pl
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I noticed it on one of my PCs. My device profile was set to MCM and HSTB. This morning I reconfigured the profile to HSTB only, with the option "If there is no work available for the project(s) I have selected above, please send me work from another project" deselected. Yet, after the change to the profile, the PC got a MIP WU.

[Oct 18, 2018 7:19:27 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Speedy51
Veteran Cruncher
New Zealand
Project Badges:

Yes I can confirm the behaviour you are talking about. I am wanting to work for "smash childhood cancer" & "outsmart Ebola" however I seem to keep getting this work. None of the boxes below the projects are selected so I should not be getting sent work from other projects in saying this I do not mind supporting them. I am pleased I am not the only one having this issue. Hopefully it will be a easy fix

[Oct 18, 2018 7:58:08 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Seoulpowergrid
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Good to know I am not going crazy and not messed anything up on my own.

Thanks OldChap for letting me know there is a way to limit the number of MIPs downloaded per machine. I missed that setting somehow.

[Oct 18, 2018 8:15:35 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Crystal Pellet
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

... there is a way to limit the number of MIPs downloaded per machine. I missed that setting somehow.

The setting to reduce the limit per machine was originally designed for the Clean Energy Project. I never noticed/read that this was changed into MIP1. Maybe the WCG-staff didn't either and it happened accidentally where CEP was removed from the active/intermittent projects.

[Oct 18, 2018 8:28:26 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
captainjack
Advanced Cruncher
Project Badges:

Me too, I only want HSTB and SCC, but for the past day, WCG keeps sending me MIP too. I am trying to get my SCC 10 year badge, but MIP keeps jumping in unwanted.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by captainjack at Oct 18, 2018 12:23:24 PM]
[Oct 18, 2018 12:22:52 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

We replaced the setting yesterday (removed cep2 and the ability to limit mip1). It shouldn't be doing the behavior that is described so we are looking into what is going on since it shouldn't even look at the limit if you haven't selected the project. Some of the upcoming climate projects need this capability as well so we made the feature more generic so it could be used with multiple projects.

Anyway - looking into this now. Sorry for the issue.
[Oct 18, 2018 3:13:46 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pcwr
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

I'm currently downloading MIP WUs without having it selecting it.

[Oct 18, 2018 4:16:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knreed
Former World Community Grid Tech
Project Badges:

Found the issue, working on fix. Should be able to get it out in a few hours or so.
[Oct 18, 2018 4:46:17 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread