Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4586 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
enzlinux
Cruncher
Nederland
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
OS info wrong version

Yesterday I upgraded my linux OS to a new version. Before the upgrade I was using a 4.4.xxxxx version. After the upgrade I use a 4.15.xxxxx version.
But when I look at the completed tasks that I did before the upgrade, they show the newer kernel version! I am sure I did them with the old one.
Is the kernel info not related to the task?
[May 8, 2019 3:08:24 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TPCBF
Master Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
Re: OS info wrong version

Yesterday I upgraded my linux OS to a new version. Before the upgrade I was using a 4.4.xxxxx version. After the upgrade I use a 4.15.xxxxx version.
But when I look at the completed tasks that I did before the upgrade, they show the newer kernel version! I am sure I did them with the old one.
Is the kernel info not related to the task?
No. It seems that the info that is shown there is from the OS version that has been reported by the last contact of that client. I had similar "issues" (well, at least for me, it isn't an "issue") with macOS and after some in place Windows upgrades...

Ralf
----------------------------------------

[May 9, 2019 1:02:23 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enzlinux
Cruncher
Nederland
Project Badges:

Well, I would think the kernel version might be important in case of failed workunits.
For me it's not a big issue as well, just strange behaviour....
[May 9, 2019 9:51:53 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

I totally agree. Surely the O/S that was in place when the WU ran is what matters. You'd think it would be captured at the time each WU was initialised and remain part of the data associated with the WU, such as current elapsed time. Initialisation failures might be OS dependent, let alone anything which happens after that. If it's not kept that way then the developers must have never had a problem that needed it to be done that way, or it would be, so it's presumably just kept as possibly vaguely useful statistical information.

Still, owt's better'n nowt, as my folks would say.
[May 9, 2019 12:57:15 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread