Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2802
Posts: 2802   Pages: 281   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 600602 times and has 2801 replies Next Thread
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Work Available

Just got my first 2 units 2966 & 2989 - both iteration 000. This means only 6000 WUs have been issued so far and 2400 returned.

FWIW I have WUs 9892_000 and 9894_000 in Windows . 9891_000 in Linux thinking
----------------------------------------
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Nov 3, 2019 2:15:57 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nanoprobe
Master Cruncher
Classified
Project Badges:
Re: Work Avaiable

Is it impossible to make checkpoints more frequent than 3 hours??? I bet they could add more checkpoints if they apply themselves and make it a priority.

Due to limitations in the application, we are only able to take 8 checkpoints during each workunit.
What part of that is it that you don't understand?
In 1969 I took an oath to defend and protect the U S Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and Domestic. There was no expiration date.

[Nov 3, 2019 2:24:40 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dcs1955
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Looking at the stats this project appears to be as hard to come by as HSTB, I see postings from crunchers getting multiple WUs. Is there some sort of scheduling technique like HSTB or is it just luck?

[Nov 3, 2019 2:11:41 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike.Gibson
Ace Cruncher
England
Project Badges:

Multiple downloads appear to be from multiple core users. The more cores you have, the more frequently you attempt to download, so the more likely you are to pick the right moment.

It is a bit early to tell if we have another HSTB situation.

Until things stabilise it might be better to restrict the number of downloads to spread them around more.

Mike
[Nov 3, 2019 2:51:09 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rbotterb
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

I finally got my first WU for this project. Right now the estimate for execution on my laptop is 25 hours, but based on what has been completed so far, it looks more like it will compete in 12-13 hours. Since I see there is a long period between checkpoints, I'll see if my shorter online sessions on the weekends will result in a bunch of lost time. At least I have 7 days for processing, so I can see how it executes this week.
[Nov 3, 2019 3:58:21 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Former Member
Cruncher

devilish I don't want to raise the ire of WCG techs, and I don't have my bronze badge yet so am loathe to say too much, but there does indeed seem to be a certain point past the hour when it is advantageous to issue an update request. This was obvious to me once I got a very few WUs, so I should think it likely that others will see it too. Maybe someone will confirm this, and maybe even say more.

Or maybe I've just been lucky.
[Nov 3, 2019 4:27:50 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dcs1955
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I finally got my first WU for this project. Right now the estimate for execution on my laptop is 25 hours, but based on what has been completed so far, it looks more like it will compete in 12-13 hours. Since I see there is a long period between checkpoints, I'll see if my shorter online sessions on the weekends will result in a bunch of lost time. At least I have 7 days for processing, so I can see how it executes this week.

By checkpoints do you mean something like the FAHB handshake with the mothership? Does missing connectivity cancel the work or just postpone work?

[Nov 3, 2019 6:18:53 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

This is looking to be a long slow ramp up. I have only gotten 3 so far, but two of them have been waiting 3 days now pending validation. Based on the day's first half stats it looks like there will be over 1400 work units completed today. There has been a gradual increase in work units each day since the start.
Cheers.
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Nov 3, 2019 6:58:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
littlepeaks
Veteran Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I came home from church this morning, and was surprised to see that my PC snagged one. So I guess I can stop whining. biggrin
[Nov 3, 2019 8:00:04 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
5TEVE
Cruncher
Project Badges:

I think the big Pharms are sucking most of them up, a guy I know has gotten around 400 Wu's so far while I've only managed to get 5, he has a much bigger Pharm than me ... I haven't got a new Wu in 2 days, so if their releasing more each day some of us aren't getting any of them ...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by 5TEVE at Nov 3, 2019 9:13:23 PM]
[Nov 3, 2019 8:52:45 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 2802   Pages: 281   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread