Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 41
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 34800 times and has 40 replies Next Thread
OldChap
Veteran Cruncher
UK
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Saying Goodbye

Time passes and my next batch of treatment is now concluded because it has not been working and my cancer has now progressed to my lung and bones.

More radiotherapy is on the cards and bone strengthening injections too but I have been told that for people in my position there is a 25% chance of dying within 4 months, a 50% chance of dying after 4 but before 8 months and a 25% chance of lasting longer.

I will say my goodbyes now and thank you all for your friendships and good washes shown
----------------------------------------

[Feb 3, 2021 10:08:51 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bryn Mawr
Senior Cruncher
Project Badges:
Re: Saying Goodbye

Time passes and my next batch of treatment is now concluded because it has not been working and my cancer has now progressed to my lung and bones.

More radiotherapy is on the cards and bone strengthening injections too but I have been told that for people in my position there is a 25% chance of dying within 4 months, a 50% chance of dying after 4 but before 8 months and a 25% chance of lasting longer.

I will say my goodbyes now and thank you all for your friendships and good washes shown

May the fates look kindly upon you and you defy the doctors predictions.
[Feb 3, 2021 10:43:27 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nortnarg
Senior Cruncher
U.S.A.
Project Badges:

Old Chap, I pray that you are going home to your Creator. When our time is at hand we should know our destination.

[Feb 3, 2021 10:57:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
nickoli
Senior Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thank you for being here with us on WCG.

[Feb 4, 2021 2:41:01 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Thank you for your efforts. I pray that you defy the odds for as long as you are able. May you find peace and strength in your struggle.
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Feb 4, 2021 2:52:45 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
caitilarkin
Former World Community Grid Admin
USA
Project Badges:

OldChap, you are in all of our thoughts. Thanks for all you do to support humanitarian scientific research--and no doubt you do great things in other areas of your life as well.
[Feb 4, 2021 1:45:22 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BladeD
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:
rose Re: Saying Goodbye

Thank you for your efforts. I pray that you defy the odds for as long as you are able. May you find peace and strength in your struggle.

Ditto!
[Feb 4, 2021 4:57:58 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
widdershins
Veteran Cruncher
Scotland
Project Badges:

I've been hoping that the treatments would be successful for you and I'm really saddened to hear things aren't working out. You have been a stalwart contributor here on WCG for as long as I can remember, both in computing, and with help and advice to people on the forums, and have always conducted yourself like a gentleman whilst doing so.

Thank you for all you have done for all those you will never meet, and I wish you all the best for the time you have left.
[Feb 4, 2021 5:33:57 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
flynryan
Senior Cruncher
United States
Project Badges:

No words can comfort the inevitable. Your contributions and volunteerism will always be remembered. Every one of us should cherish each day and live as if it is our last. Peace be with you, Old Chap.
[Feb 4, 2021 5:36:19 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread